Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and the Current Guy in the White House News
8 minutes ago
Doone commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and the Current Guy in the White House News
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Neal's discussion The Sunday Planet - January 14, 2018
9 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Neal's discussion The Sunday Planet - January 14, 2018
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Jess
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Suzanne Johnson
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Person Who is Forcing Us to Live in the Age of Trump News. Sad!!
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for djmarios
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Dayna
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for ali aslan
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Alexa
13 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Person Who is Forcing Us to Live in the Age of Trump News. Sad!!
13 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group A Woman's right to choose
15 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Davy's group Cuisine L'Internationale
17 hours ago
Doone commented on Davy's group Cuisine L'Internationale
18 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
21 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
21 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
21 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
22 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

A piece from my personal blog. Link

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

Lauren Ell's opinion on health care just goes to prove that even Atheists can be wrong. 

It's an opinion piece stating my own experience. How can it be wrong? lol

Whereas you have not even tried Sweden's system correct?

I had insurance until Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) took full effect in 2014 and my private plan was eliminated. All other private plans were out of my budget so I was forced to go on Medi-Cal in CA which is a mediocre state funded system that can reject applications for not providing adequate tax information or proof of income. I am currently without insurance in the US for these reasons - I am an independent contractor and was rejected by Medi-Cal for not providing adequate documents which I now have to jump through hoops to obtain in order to re-apply. And I am epileptic! It was much easier to just pay a monthly fee for health insurance and not have to deal with the state.

It's an opinion piece. Have you dealt with Sweden's healthcare system?

Working for my union I've had many fraternal relationships with swede's and the vast majority support their health care system

That is good they support their system, but how many have tried the US healthcare system to compare the pros and cons? Why do you think they are "right" whereas my experience is "wrong"?

Also, the quality of healthcare systems is not set in stone. Much of Sweden's healthcare system has been going downhill for the last few years due to mass migration and lack of nurses and doctors. How the Swedish healthcare system performed ten years ago is not the same how it performs today.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service