Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Chris B replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Camo Cats in the group Atheist Cat Servants
"a beauty!"
3 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Wow! That certainly shows the power of nature."
5 hours ago
Stephen Brodie replied to Loren Miller's discussion George Carlin - On Why Our Species Is Failing (1992) in the group Quote Of The Day
"If George is right about how we men compensate for our sexual inadequacy by creating bigger and…"
5 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTMQ: Is God Evil?"
5 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Loren Miller's discussion George Carlin - On Why Our Species Is Failing (1992) in the group Quote Of The Day
"Excellent summary of what ought to be the first concern of any society: "Is everybody okay?…"
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Amazing video."
10 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Instruments actually perceived the pressure wave from the first blast in the Mid-West of…"
11 hours ago
Mrs.B replied to Loren Miller's discussion George Carlin - On Why Our Species Is Failing (1992) in the group Quote Of The Day
"Sure wish he'd been cloned a few hundred thousand times!"
11 hours ago
"Yes, our west coastal areas are warned of tsunami risk."
11 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I know you've probably all seen this before but just been listening to a discussion about the…"
12 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Camo Cats in the group Atheist Cat Servants
"Another camo cat from cheezburger.com:"
12 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
""Botched job," really does say it all "
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Botched job barely covers it."
13 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
""Botched job," indeed.  Considering all the "mistakes" evolution made in…"
15 hours ago
Loren Miller added a discussion to the group Quote Of The Day
Thumbnail

George Carlin - On Why Our Species Is Failing (1992)

Besides being a brilliant comedian and practiced public ranter, George Carlin was a adept student…See More
17 hours ago
Terence Meaden commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I love this for the power and perfection of the two choice words 'botched job'. Emma…"
18 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I do not believe in God, because I believe in man. Whatever his mistakes, man has for thousands of…"
20 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Suzanne Johnson
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Good video!"
yesterday
"Well said, Mr. O'Brien."
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Here is a story on CNN today, "Prominent atheist blogger converts to Catholicism"

So, how does one go from reason and rationality to superstitious nonsense? I know that there are some atheists who are only atheist through not reason and rationality but rather from "hating god" because of something that had happened to them. I term these atheists as fake atheists. But someone commented on the site that in her blog that she was raised in a non-faith household (I am not sure if this is true, but for the sake of argument that it is true) - how the hell does one get brainwashed to go from reason and rationality to superstition and irrationality?

Views: 474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Hope that was very helpful. The BBC when talking about that politician or this leader will often explain what tribe they come from.

Perhaps they don't know enough about religion or atheism because they haven't looked into it enough.

That's true..

In my experience, a lot of adult converts to religion will say they were atheist. However, they were really just ignorant of religion and gave it no thought one way or the other, until some crisis or effective evangelical "opened their eyes".

1. This is misleading and manipulative. Latched onto by other christians to undermine atheism.

2. I worry that a lot of real atheists don't educate their kids enough about religion in order to inoculate them from the BS later in life. Non-religious and atheist are not synonyms.

If she was an atheist, she was a mighty soft one.

Lack of logic and critical thinking.for example if a person ask how did tribes come to existence ,for him to go for research to get the information then he wil be reluctant and the opposition wil get point and say God created them.if his convince for the first term,second then there was a possibility of him going back to the religion.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service