Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"No-brainer there. Pun intended."
3 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Which is it, is man one of God’s blunders or is God one of man’s? -- Friedrich Wilhelm…"
10 hours ago
Richard Levison posted a photo

Wouldn't it be great if she came out as a lesbian atheist!

Gorgeous as always we love you unconditionally!
11 hours ago
Richard Levison left a comment for pansy
""Happy Birthday!""
11 hours ago
Chris B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"A great one, Patricia!"
14 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Boghossian has been very provocative with the goal of creating debate over several years, including…"
14 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"It is disgusting."
15 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That's disgusting! That is breaking down science from inside out!"
15 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"'My university sacrificed ideas for ideology': Read the terrifying testimony of how…"
19 hours ago
"That looks pleasant, Chris. I presume the large building is the hospital."
yesterday
"It gets so discouraging. That damn scump era also changed many things for a lot of different…"
yesterday
"We had elections in March and still no new government! They behave like a bunch of pre-schoolers."
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday
"Looks very walkable there. We all need to find ways to relieve stress. Another minority…"
yesterday
"The virus numbers are rather low at the moment, but I haven't paid much attention. I spent a…"
yesterday
"Sounds loke a good trip, despite the religious nuts with one interest. 60 miles = 96.5 kilometers.…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"AND....kids figure it out while their age numbers are still in the single digits."
yesterday
"Welcome back, Randall! Sounds like a great trip! No nurse visits here, Ian, corona changed that.…"
yesterday
"Welcome back, Randall. Glad you enjoyed the trip despite the stress. Hopefully your feet have…"
yesterday
Randall Smith commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I've returned from my Road Scholar trip to Northern Spain. Walking 60 miles on the Camino de…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

"Allah had become a refugee
So, seize even the Mosque carpet
And sell the church, it's his property
And sell the muezzin in the Black market
And Turn off the stars wicks because it'll
Light up the path for the homeless drifter
Even our orphans ,their 
father is absent
So sir, seize our orphans too!
Don't apologize! who said that you're oppressive?
Don't stress! Who said you're the aggressor?"
I'll stop here.

Views: 1931

Replies to This Discussion

lyrics:

(1)

The free among the cads are suffocated

His lament is great

Like a bird in the mud

With mud in his wings

Oh time, heal him with fire, by cauterizing his wounds will he be healed*

(2)

No matter how much he complains, the free do NOT bargain

Does NOT drum nor toot **

He dies standing with his weapon

(3)

He knows the rotten dogs,

He never walked with them nor allied with them

And desert gazelles, he knows them

Together, they live

With a wink they understand each other.

* in pre-Islamic Arabia there was a group that their beliefs weren't about God but about time (actually it reject God/Gods)  they will call time many names, there are traces of this among some Bedouin today. I don't know If the poet refers to that belief. 
** drum, toot... Words used by modern Arabs to describe those who support dictators

I don't know about Bedouin and need to learn.

They are a very complex subject, Especially in Saudi Arabia (less than one million) Because they been attacked by Saudis Wahhabi and their Folklore and culture were hijacked by 1) Wahhabi 2) some idiots who want to live some Fantasy so they claim to be Bedouin.

before founding the Saudi state, they used to make fun of Wahhabism's founder, Mohammed bin Abdul Wahab by saying to his followers (when they come to spread Wahhabism) : " you claim that the dead will be raised. well, these are the graves of our ancestors ... no one comes out of it (and/or we are not seeing anyone coming out of it)." therefore if you ever read Mohammed bin Abdul Wahab books you'll see him call them "infidels" and "pagans" He decided that the solution is to "fight the infidels" and restore Islam in the Arabian Peninsula with his Ally, the House of Saud.

The idea of providing stipends for dictators, Princes, Princess  and/or Constitutional Kings, Queens from the (their subjects) strikes me as wrong.

Apparently we haven't grown beyond the thought that there is  A "Privileged class" who deserve our worship because we are too stupid to think for our selves.

Seeing Ana Andi play the harmonica reminded me of Toots Thielman.

oh his name is ridha diki.

ana andi rendez vous = I have rendezvous (date)
it's an Arab folklore song in the countryside of tunisia...talking about meeting spring after a harsh winter.

Sorry I got his name wrong. There was a common joke about G"W" Bush that went  he said The French are so stupid that they don't even have a word for "entrepreneur."' Rendezvous would fall into that category.

I should drop out of my sarcasm and be a little more politically correct and nice. Sorry if my comments about royalty was offensive.

don't apologize about that, I consider myself a little bit Republican (More focused on liberty, equality, federalism) I don't think that Monarchies have any place in the future of human civilization.

I wonder did any "Christian denominations" played any role as an ally for the British during the American Revolution based on religious reasons?

Wow, that's a complicated subject and a good reason why there is separation of Church and State in the U.S.

There is common myth about the pilgrims and  Jamestown and what not that the Christian Right wants to capture as the narrative for the founding of the U.S.

As always history and realty don't coincide.

My understanding of the "Pilgrams" is that they fled from England to "The Netherlands" in the 1500's. My understanding is that the "Netherlands" were open to religious diversity, but the Pilgrams were religious fundamentalist whackos who fled to "The 'New' world - so they could practice their form of religious extremism.

The American revolution was just as much against religious extremism as it was against monarchy and to some extent against oligopolies, or plutocracies.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service