Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

RichardtheRaelian left a comment for ella james
""Happy Birthday!""
3 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"If God wants something from me, he would tell me. He wouldn't leave someone else to do this,…"
23 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Mary Fox
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"!"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
yesterday
"Atheism may be defined as the mental attitude which unreservedly accepts the supremacy of reason…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Caitlyn
""Happy Birthday!""
Monday
"... and keep EVERYONE else UNDER THEM. It's all about power plays and pecking orders and King…"
Sunday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"in short, the bible is written by some men in power, to strengthen their power and give them a…"
Sunday
"What does the bible say about child abuse, abuse of women and owning them, owning slaves, killing…"
Sunday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Jasville Kent
""Happy Birthday!""
Sunday
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Thanks for the Freud quote."
Sunday
"The whole thing [religion] is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a…"
Saturday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Ayumimori
""Happy Birthday!""
Saturday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"Considering that the death toll at Pearl Harbor as a result of the Japanese attack was over 2,400,…"
Friday
Onyango M commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"was the attack on PH unexpected? Was it really a surprise? a provocation? or a response ?"
Friday
"Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters. -- Rosa Luxemburg It always seems to start out that…"
Friday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Amie Nicole
""Happy Birthday!"P.S:Personally I like the term dreamwalker myself."
Friday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"Very true, Randall.  The Missiles of October were more of a diplomatic and cold-war…"
Thursday
Randall Smith commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"T What became known as the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 was another such surprise. The result…"
Thursday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Morality (70)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fasting to protect the world's poor

Mark Bittman is a New York Times columnist who writes about food. He's very well known as a food critic and writer. His job is to eat. A sk…

Started by Adriana

9 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Adriana

The Four Corners Modern Nazism:Environmentalism, vegetarianism, animal rights and publichealth

I saw this on Science Blogs so I had to get the original for you   The Nazi cult of the organic Posted: March 26, 20111:00 am Eastern© 2011…

Started by Doone

5 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by Neal

Jesse Bering: Signs, signs, everywhere signs: Seeing God in tsunamis and everyday events

Signs, signs, everywhere signs: Seeing God in tsunamis and everyday events By Jesse Bering | Mar 13, 2011 06:25 PM It’s only a matter of t…

Started by Doone

4 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Adriana

Ken Ham too Annoying Even for Christians

The founder of the apologetics ministryAnswers in Genesis has been kicked out of two home-school conferences.   In an email to Dr. Ken Ham…

Started by Doone

5 Mar 26, 2011
Reply by Jean Marie

The naturalistic fallacy

The naturalistic fallacy is considered a fallacy of moral reasoning. It is also called "appeal to nature", which is probably the more corre…

Started by Adriana

3 Mar 25, 2011
Reply by D R Hosie

Morality without God

I saw this section was empty, so here is a bit I wrote about how we can be moral without God, I hope you find it compelling.  http://point…

Started by James Ashford

6 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by Adriana

Ethical justification for war?

Massimo Pigliucci from the Rationally Speaking blog on the war in Libya: it is ethically justified because it qualifies as a "just war", ac…

Started by Adriana

6 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by Adriana

What is the greatest moral challenge of our times?

Hat tip to Jaume, who started this discussion elsewhere. I think it's a good discussion to revamp periodically anyway. New events and knowl…

Started by Adriana

11 Mar 17, 2011
Reply by TDM

Dead

As an athéist, once you are dead, where and how do you want your body to go ? Many of us came from religious family who own a lot in a cime…

Started by Martine Lanctôt

14 Mar 16, 2011
Reply by Adriana

Bumper sticker philosophy

Jesus Forgives You.  That was the bumper sticker on the car in front of me.  It got me thinking. What do I need Forgiving for?    The relig…

Started by Katy Sessions

7 Mar 11, 2011
Reply by Doone

RSS

© 2023   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service