Feedback and Notes

No Gods

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
9 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Zayd Es-sanhaji's blog post What if we could use 100% of our brain?
22 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu replied to Lutz's discussion FaceBook is Evil. See below.
22 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Stained World News
yesterday
Chris commented on Chris's video
yesterday
Chris replied to D L's discussion Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?
Thursday
Chris replied to Mrs.B's discussion Pervert is church official
Thursday
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
Thursday
Stephen commented on Julien's group The Music Box
Thursday
Thursday
Thursday
Thursday
Thursday
Thursday
Thursday
Stephen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Stained World News
Wednesday
Doone commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Stained World News
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
Wednesday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
Wednesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I think everyone knows that most wine is not even vegetarian let alone vegan. Some people may not take their vegetarianism or veganism that far but none the less, here's a list of wines approved by the vegetarian society along with how and why wine (white sugar is processed similarly and is also not vegetarian) is processed. Frey's is one of my favorite brands of wine. They are vegan, sulfite-free, organic, committed to social responsibility, made in the U.S. and run their winery on solar. Ecotopia!:-)

Is your favorite wine vegan-friendly? For certain brands, the answer is most definitely no.

How can wine not be vegan? Many companies refine and clarify its products with fish bladder by-products, commonly known as isinglass. Determining which varieties are vegan-friendly can be tricky, since alcohol companies are not required to label bottles with fining information. Eager to imbibe but disheartened by isinglass worries? Don't fret, pinot grio fans, because VN has compiled a comprehensive list of vegan wines perfect for pairing with dinner or pouring into a reduction sauce. Cheers!

Vegan Wine Guide

Green Wine Guide with Vegetarian Recipes and Pairings

Views: 204

Replies to This Discussion

Fascinating topic.  The comments under first link were also very interesting...apparently, some wines may change their fining process from one year to another..
I buy Yellow Tail Shiraz to make Sangria all summer, so guess I am safe there. But I thought wine was naturally vegan, thanks for the tip. (even though my favorite bottles are not on that list).  =(
Beer and ales are like this too.
You two are starting to piss me off. When I brewed beer I did not use isinglass to clarify. Can I drink tequila dammit? =)
Ha ha, Neal, DO look at comments under first link....i do not know if the one who wrote that fairly long comment was informed, or not, but, it sounds like, many wines, not all, but many wines may vary their fining process from year to year, depending on the grape crop.
When I brewed beer, I used irish moss for clarifying. Vegan. Back to brewing.
ooooh, I'd love to brew beer, is it hard? Never tried it. I'm a big beer fan actually.

I've done it the quick way, using syrups and powders, all the way to doing it completely from scratch. Both ways make better beer that you can buy, especially if when using syrups or powders that you do add some grain to the mix.

Makes the house smell like malt for a bit, but not bad. It is not hard, just takes time. I could make about 4 cases for twenty some dollars when using syrups or malt, half that price when starting from grain, and it always tasted better than what I could buy from the store. (This is after obtaining the equipment needed). 

Interesting, I may try some day. Did it come out good?

It comes out very drinkable. If you like ales, you will find it as good as anything from the main distributors, close to as good as a micro brewery can produce, and much cheaper. Had a grandmother that used to always brew her own beer; grandfather did like his ale. =)

Here I can buy the yeast that the local brewing company uses to brew their wheat beer with. The flavors of a good wheat comes directly from the yeast, this has a banana and clove flavor. The beer I make with his yeast was as good as what he produced.

Some areas have "brew your own" businesses. You use their equipment to brew with. The cost is greater, but you don't have to worry about screwing up the process. The biggest problem with brewing beer is bacteria. If you're not working in a sterile area with sterile equipment, you end up with beer that tastes like cardboard. 

I like ales too, but other kinds of beer also; I do not drink any of the big American commercial brands though, they are not beer :-)
Crap. i never heard about this before!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service