Feedback and Notes

Due to Ning (our Web hosting company) being bought recently from the ashes of Mode Media we often experience 500 connection errors. Our apologies but these errors are out of our control. Hopefully, this will improve as the new company gains experience. Regards, AU

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on doone's group Li'l Trumpistan & World News
4 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group THE NAKED APE
8 hours ago
doone commented on A Former Member's group THE NAKED APE
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Michel's group Weird News
9 hours ago
Stephen replied to Lauren Ell's discussion "Activist finds silence on genital mutilation case depressing, predictable" in the group Republican Atheists
10 hours ago
Lauren Ell replied to Lauren Ell's discussion "Activist finds silence on genital mutilation case depressing, predictable" in the group Republican Atheists
10 hours ago
Stephen replied to Lauren Ell's discussion "Activist finds silence on genital mutilation case depressing, predictable" in the group Republican Atheists
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
Lauren Ell replied to Lauren Ell's discussion "Activist finds silence on genital mutilation case depressing, predictable" in the group Republican Atheists
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

The difference between how you see yourself and how others see you.

2 People Described The Same Person To A Forensic Artist And This Is What Happened

Your self-confidence shouldn't be dependent on how attractive other people find you, but ... because I know I would have reacted the same way if I'd been part of this project, I'll get down off my high horse just long enough to say, "Ladies, we really need to stop being so hard on ourselves!"

Chances are, you'll take a second look in the mirror after you watch this. Or maybe you'll just ditch your mirror altogether. Wouldn't that be nice?

This via Upworthy

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

I agree that we are hard on ourselves and not only of our looks...

I have to totally pooh-pooh this video, as it is just consumerist propaganda. The forensic artist has total control over how attractive or unattractive he draws those descriptions. This is just maudlin sentimentality designed to see products. 

Let me clarify that I am not implying that there are no differences in how we see ourselves compared to how others see us, only that this particular example of a forensic artist drawing either attractive or unattractive women is just a hoax. It is way too easy to manipulate the outcome when he is the one doing the drawing. 

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service