Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
9 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for aholt
10 hours ago
Daniel W commented on Stephen's blog post No Title
11 hours ago
Stephen posted a blog post
19 hours ago
Stephen posted a photo
20 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Daniel Mckeever
20 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Crawford van schalkwyk
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Neal's photo
21 hours ago
Neal posted a photo
22 hours ago
Stephen commented on Chris's group Right Wing Whackos
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
yesterday
Onyango Makagutu commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
yesterday
Daniel W commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
yesterday
Davy commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
Wednesday
Davy commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
Wednesday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
Wednesday
Daniel W commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
Wednesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

DNA testing

Is DNA testing testing through companies such as "DNA and me" or any of the others of any benifit?

If so what was the (personal) value, how much did it cost and what was learned?

Views: 185

Replies to This Discussion

Spanish American war?

Spanish American war ended in 1898.  The US acquired some posessions including the Phillipines.  The Philippines declared independence, and the US said, no, you are our colony, and went to war against the Phillipine people.  Somewhere between 200,000 and a million civilian Filipino deaths ensued.  The war officially ended 1902 but there were continued battles until 1913.  Basically, it was our first Vietnam war, again fighting against the independence of a Southeast Asian nation that was fighting to be free of colonial overlords (France and before that, China).

It's not taught about much.  I've known a number of people who were born and raised in the Phillipines, who never heard of the war.  My grandfather was in that war in 1907.

wikipedia

Mark Twain was fervently against the war,calling it a "Wanton war and robbing Expedition"

This was not a war against Spain, who no longer claimed the Phillipines and did not fight in the war.  It was a war strictly between the USA and the Phillipine Republic, and Filipino revolutionaries.

Both my Sister and Nephew died of throat cancer so my Quack quite rightly takes swabs once a year in order to keep an eye on things. There is one thing I know saying my prayers won't stop it from occurring.

Yes, best keep on top of that.

Whaaaat????? Praying doesn't work?????

I agree, wise to keep on top of that.

Most throat cancer is either HPV virus, or alcohol + tobacco related.   ut there are lots of exceptipns.

Tobacco was the cause of my sister's throat cancer but my nephew never smoked or drank in his whole life. Just one of gawds little ironies'  

Glad other family members get checked!

The American actor Michael Douglas, who is likely in his seventies had throat cancer. His doctor told him it was from HPV.  Why is the inocullation being marketed for young pubescent teenagers rather than everyone of any age?

I have a hiatal hernia that may result in problems. There is not only throat, but also esophigal cancer. My doctor told me to double up on the "Prilosec" to reduce heart burn.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service