Feedback and Notes

No Gods or Scumps Allowed

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"You've got that right."
5 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"There is one thing that Borass and Scump have in common is they both lack any empathy for other…"
5 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"(The bumbling idiot and Tory HQ have already spun the idea the Borass didn't try to evade and…"
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"Bastard."
11 hours ago
"How anyone can even contemplate voting for this bumbling inhuman creep. He showed hardly any real…"
11 hours ago
"Wudduh guy!"
12 hours ago
"MY HERO."
12 hours ago
Stephen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Cracking Good article Doone. Just when you think you're beginning to understand cosmology and…"
yesterday
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"The Universe is very complex Mysterious connections. There is an unseen network of massive…"
yesterday
"LGBT+ activists stage 'wedding' between three men and a dog outside Tory HQ to protest…"
yesterday
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Burgeoning Cockwombles
"Love Chameleons,  we have had a few around the house Parson's chameleon is the second…"
yesterday
"And he wants to run a country? How ''wonderful''...."
yesterday
yesterday
"All the other party leaders have appeared on the Andrew Neil program but Borass knows he will get…"
yesterday
"Such a piece of work! Our news said neither jerksin, nor Corbyn were doing well in the polls, &…"
yesterday
"Keep trying Mrs B and it should play"
Sunday
"Video cannot be played, Stephen."
Sunday
"Surely this photo proves the Tories are lying about their creeping privatisation of the NHS."
Sunday
"Oh, this is just sublime."
Sunday
"He's a pedophile in the worst sense with her."
Sunday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have a favourite genre or you don't care about it? Do you have favourite bands and/or artists? And, are your music preferences based at all on your belief(s) or lack thereof?

Views: 129

Replies to This Discussion

I myself listen don't care about the genre and I decide whether I like a song or not after I listen to it.
I'm exactly like that, too. I'll load some music on my page soon. I like all kinds of music, all kinds of disparate genres.

ME TOO!!  I love all kinds of music, all kinds.

My overwhelming favorite is soul, soul, and more soul.  I love old soul music, too.  But, i love soul, R&B, jazz, blues, and all the subgenres of R&B, jazz and of blues,

hip hop, rap, all the kinds of Reggae, country (yes, i had to get past hickophobia to learn, i do love some country songs too! and there are many subgenres of country, who knew?)

pop, classical, new age, salsa, merengue, opera, ska, classical pops, dancehall, swing, big band, chamber, symphony, ambient, bluegrass, disco, hippie music, and also, some rock and roll. 

and soul music.  I love it ALL!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and music from all over the globe, if i get a chance to hear it, i tend to love that too.

~~~~~~~

and nope, my atheism does not impact my taste in music, EXCEPt it keeps me from listening to christian rock (or whatever that stuff is called.) 

and to the person below who wonders if music with voices included is still really music, to me it is..........

to me, even purely vocal music is still music, like weirdly enough, i find gregorian chants beautiful.  Many forms of music from around the world are also purely done by the amazing human voice box. 

and many many songs with amazing voices can give me goosebumps.   I love both kinds, music with and music without human voices.

The kind of music I listen to depends on my mood. I have my playlist broke down by mood. Lists like "Just thinking" and "Poetry corner". I just started using Last.fm to help me check out my listening patterns and it's hard for me to say that I have a favorite because it's really based on what my mood is like. As for music on my beliefs, that does come into play as well as being atheist does effect my selection. I really just look for the song that bests compliments my mood. though.
I prefer music without vocals.
Isn't that what it's really about?

Western Classical (From Barqoue to Romantic and some of contemporary), Blues, Jazz, BossaNova, Funk & fushion, etc. Love Music :) Can't live without it!

i can vouch, this is true, Just Jay LIVES for music.  It is a huge portion of his mind and heart.

Thanks Jean. I just came from the Cavatina Duo concert today! They were wonderful!

http://www.cavatinaduo.com/

I love to listen to everything, and if I wanna dance I dance on Egyptian songs

I'm not a fan of rock but I like some rock songs

I love this song,

^^^^ Gates of Babylon by Rainbow is an amazing track. The entire album is for that matter, as is the previous two albums by them.

For me it's Metal I love the most. From good old Heavy Metal to Thrash, Speed, Black, Death, Viking, Folk, Technical and Progressive. I tend to avoid all of the commercial versions with only a handful of exceptions. I've loved music since childhood but have been a metal-head since the early 80's. I do enjoy some other types such as classic rock, movie soundtracks and classical. But by far I've got some sort of metallic sounds coming out of the stereo at any given time, including right now. ;)

The nice thing about metal is that it creates an outlet for my aggressions and anti-theistic rage that I usually feel. More than any genre of music metal possesses a myriad of anti-religion/anti-christian themed songs. So yes, my atheistic/anti-theistic sentiments greatly influence what kind of music I listen to even though I listened to it even before I broke out of the shell of indoctrination. Only now there are no accompanying feelings of guilt associated with it.  \m/

Thanks for clearing things up. For a while I wondered if you weren't this other guy...
No, that's definitely not me. I'm a musician too but not quite the same..............nor as successful.  :P

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service