Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck replied to Tom Sarbeck's discussion Antisocial Personality Disorder Is the Default Condition for Life on Earth
24 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
36 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion - Or God is abnormal electrical behavior inside the brain
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion - Or God is abnormal electrical behavior inside the brain
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
13 hours ago
Suzanna commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
13 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
13 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
14 hours ago
Stephen replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
15 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
16 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
16 hours ago
Stephen commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
17 hours ago
Stephen commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
17 hours ago
Stephen replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
17 hours ago
D L posted a discussion
20 hours ago
Chris replied to theRealDoone's discussion How Not to Think About Scrotum's in the group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Mrs.B updated their profile
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for David Aarons
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Birthdays

Some of you who've known me for some time probably know that I like strange music, especially if it is dark music, too.

I thought it would be good to have a thread to post strange, unusual, or off-beat music for those of us who are more extreme in our tastes. For now, I'll start with this.

Views: 947

Replies to This Discussion

How weird?
Extremely...

Not sure what the hell this is, besides kind of creepy.

Dallas should love this.

Hem... yes, well, *cough* sure:

Jan Terri

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jan Terri
Birth name Janice Spagnolia [1]
Born June 17, 1959 (age 53)
Franklin Park, Illinois
Genres Blues
Occupations Singer-songwriter, musician
Instruments Vocalsdrums[2]
Years active 1993–2001, 2011-present
Labels JT Records
Associated acts Marilyn Manson, Ida Russel's Kitchen Band, Jan Terri and the Cool Blues

Jan Terri, (born Janice Spagnolia;[1] June 17, 1959) is an American musician from Chicago, Illinois. Terri graduated from Columbia College Chicago in 1983 with a degree in broadcast communications and arts and entertainment management and worked as a limousine driver from 1988 to 2002.[3]

Terri had also performed at parties for rock musician Marilyn Manson. Some footage of her as an opening act can be viewed in Manson's God is in the TV collection.[4]

In 2000, Terri appeared on The Daily Show, and soon after took a hiatus from recording to care for her mother.[citation needed] In December 2011 Terri released her first single in over a decade, with an accompanying video titled "Excuse My Christmas". The single appears on the forthcoming album "Wild One".[5]

Excellent. 

Still fucking creepy.

Some Estonian Punk?

I have rarely heard something this bad. It is really, really, really bad.
Karl Burton dance with me by KarlBurton

Karl was pretty bad, the "whoa(s)" were painful. 

0:04
  • Shepard–Risset Glissando
Pause

visualizingmath:

The Shepard-Risset Glissando

A Shepard tone, named after Roger Shepard, is a sound consisting of a superposition of sine waves separated by octaves. When played with the base pitch of the tone moving upward or downward, it is referred to as the Shepard scale. This creates the auditory illusion of a tone that continually ascends or descends in pitch, yet which ultimately seems to get no higher or lower. It has been described as a “sonic barber’s pole”. 

Jean-Claude Risset subsequently created a version of the scale where the tones glide continuously, and it is appropriately called the continuous Risset scale or Shepard–Risset glissando. When done correctly, the tone appears to rise (or descend) continuously in pitch, yet return to its starting note. Basically, it’s a continuously descending tone that never gets any lower. It’s the acoustical version of M.C. Escher’s Penrose Stairs optical illusion. Source.

Doesn’t it sound a little bit creepy?

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service