Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
11 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
4 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
4 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
5 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
5 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
5 hours ago
Stephen commented on Lauren Ell's group Republican Atheists
6 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
11 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?
11 hours ago
Suzanna commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
11 hours ago
Suzanna commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
11 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
15 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and all those lucky places that doesnt have Trumps as its leader
16 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
16 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
16 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

A piece from my personal blog. Link

Views: 225

Replies to This Discussion

Lauren Ell's opinion on health care just goes to prove that even Atheists can be wrong. 

It's an opinion piece stating my own experience. How can it be wrong? lol

Whereas you have not even tried Sweden's system correct?

I had insurance until Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) took full effect in 2014 and my private plan was eliminated. All other private plans were out of my budget so I was forced to go on Medi-Cal in CA which is a mediocre state funded system that can reject applications for not providing adequate tax information or proof of income. I am currently without insurance in the US for these reasons - I am an independent contractor and was rejected by Medi-Cal for not providing adequate documents which I now have to jump through hoops to obtain in order to re-apply. And I am epileptic! It was much easier to just pay a monthly fee for health insurance and not have to deal with the state.

It's an opinion piece. Have you dealt with Sweden's healthcare system?

Working for my union I've had many fraternal relationships with swede's and the vast majority support their health care system

That is good they support their system, but how many have tried the US healthcare system to compare the pros and cons? Why do you think they are "right" whereas my experience is "wrong"?

Also, the quality of healthcare systems is not set in stone. Much of Sweden's healthcare system has been going downhill for the last few years due to mass migration and lack of nurses and doctors. How the Swedish healthcare system performed ten years ago is not the same how it performs today.

In the US the poor can die for lack of healthcare in Sweden someone might have to wait a while for an appointment. I know which one I would choose.

The republican way is if you can't afford to live, then die. There is nothing in this "opinion" piece that has any solution for our healthcare. That would be a worthwhile read.

An interesting stat from the UK

Striking chart: in the UK, the poorest people are likely to be in bad health for 21 years starting at 50, the best-off for just 12 years starting at 70. More charts in post

All of these countries have universal health care except one. Can you guess which?

US system has major problems, but I don't see that as reason to jump on the universal healthcare boat for these reasons.. Population does not receive enough attention - US has 323 million, UK only has 65 million, it's easier to manage health when populations are smaller. Universal healthcare has limitations in regards to migration - mass migration in Europe has shown this, as hospitals became full and nurses and doctors walked off the job, statistics show many refugees will not work until 10-15 years later. US also has worse diet, but other developed nations are catching up - stats say half of Sweden's population is now overweight.

Additionally - how long does it take to receive treatment for issues like knee replacements under universal healthcare. The wait time in European countries has become longer to the point that many people are thankful for private insurance provided through their employer which offers a faster alternative.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service