Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
52 minutes ago
jenny ebol is now a member of Atheist Universe
5 hours ago
Chris commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
14 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
15 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Shelby Clark
16 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Jeff Lang
16 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
16 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
16 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
16 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
20 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
yesterday
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
yesterday
Tom Sarbeck commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
yesterday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I sometimes amaze myself with the discoveries I make in my wanderings about the internet, especially YouTube.  I just came upon the following video, which is a conversation between two Arabs, one of them being Ibrahim Al-Buleihi, a liberal writer and member of the Saudi Shura Council.  What he lays down in this conversation is jaw-dropping to my ears and may be to yours as well.

Yeah, we're stuck with subtitles, but trust me: this is worth your time.  Please enjoy.

Views: 232

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I've seen this one before and I've seen others who are open minded and believe that freethinking is the way ahead for the Arab and Muslim world. It is just fantastic that there is brave people who question the norms in Arab society. These are the people we should support. 

Presuming the Saudi government doesn't execute them as a knee-jerk response.  The old saw is true: when Muslims are in the minority, their primary concern is minority rights.  When Muslims are in the majority, There Are NO Minority Rights.

"But if you are alive and led by a dead person, this means you must die yourself in order to become a leader."  Good Night, Irene!  It's almost as bad as North Korea, which might as well be a thanatocracy!

Arab Thinker: Your Opinion is a Crime in the Arab World  

Sorry for the terrible  Subtitles . Interesting man never the less.  

We can see what happens in countries that have a Homogenous and Majority Muslim population any opposition or free thought is jumped on from a very great height. They accuse each other of Heresy and not being true Muslims.   

Its these who should be getting the wide-spread publicity.

Very interesting discussion. You can see Sayyid Al-Qimni is pushing the boundary of what permissible by the reaction of the interviewer.  

Pushing the envelope ... excellent!  These guys have some serious cojones and I salute them for it!

Shura Counlil Member Ibrahim Al-Buleihi is an interesting guy.

I find it suprising that it was broadcast.

If we got off oil, we wouldn't have to deal Wahhabism and that sect.

Blurrting expletives.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service