Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck replied to Tom Sarbeck's discussion Antisocial Personality Disorder Is the Default Condition for Life on Earth
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
5 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion - Or God is abnormal electrical behavior inside the brain
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion - Or God is abnormal electrical behavior inside the brain
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
18 hours ago
Suzanna commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
18 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
19 hours ago
Stephen replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
20 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
21 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
22 hours ago
Stephen commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
22 hours ago
Stephen commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
22 hours ago
Stephen replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
22 hours ago
D L posted a discussion
yesterday
Chris replied to theRealDoone's discussion How Not to Think About Scrotum's in the group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Mrs.B updated their profile
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for David Aarons
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Birthdays

Hi everyone. i am working on project for a class and for it I am asking some questions on worldviews. If you are willing I would really appreciate it if you would answer these questions for me.

1.What is actually reality? What is really real?

2.What is the world around us? (is physical, spiritual, in our heads, etc.)

3. What are we? What is a human being? What is our purpose,  or is there even a purpose at all?

4. What happens when we die?

5. is it possible to know anything at all, and why?

6. How do we know what is right and wrong?

7. What is the meaning of human history? What is its purpose?

Views: 421

Replies to This Discussion

Really Brennan?

4. What happens when we die?

We really have no idea what happens when a living organism ceases its functions and dies!

Benjamin Franklin wrote in a personal letter, “…in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes!” Every minute on earth, 108 people die. Ultimately, everyone dies. It is not a matter of if, but when.

We rot and decompose.

We rot?

My dad, in the grocery business, said "Anything that rots will turn to wine."

Think of what follows as another Swiftian Modest Proposal.

Before we die let's eat a lot of sugar. We will ferment, the sugar will turn to alcohol, and those we leave behind can get high.

I likely missed the point (Swiftian Modest Proposal.), but rotting makes good compost too.

Jonathan Swift's satirical A Modest Proposal suggested that a hungry population eat their young.

One line (which I only approximate here) said that whether stewed, baked, boiled or fricasseed, young children are a tasty dish.

I modestly proposed that ailing adults be sugared so our remains will ferment.

Regarding sarcasm - They (Children) are probably the essence of sweet and sour. Sarcasm doesn't translate or interpret well on internet posts. 

Of course every culture has a favorite fermented dish.

On fermentation: some such as Kimchi, or cheese can be stinky.  Each of these along with wine as I understand it become better with age.

1.What is actually reality? What is really real?  This website is real.

2.What is the world around us? (is physical, spiritual, in our heads, etc.)  The world is the thing I am standing on at the present time.

3. What are we? What is a human being? What is our purpose,  or is there even a purpose at all?  Good question, our purpose is to be the best possible human being we can given our limitations.  

4. What happens when we die?  I assume we are dead.  What happens before we are born?

5. is it possible to know anything at all, and why?  Yes, why not - our purpose is to learn so we might as well learn something.

6. How do we know what is right and wrong?  We are mammals, we are born that way.

7. What is the meaning of human history? What is its purpose?   The meaning is both important and monumental - we have history so that we have our current human culture.  Sort of a chicken and egg question.

doone my friend, I like your responses!

7. What is the meaning of human history? What is its purpose?

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit,
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

But helpless pieces in the game He plays,
Upon this chequer-board of Nights and Days,
He hither and thither moves, and checks ... and slays,
Then one by one, back in the Closet lays.

Omar Khayyam 

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service