Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
11 hours ago
Stephen replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
11 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
11 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope is the thing with feathers's group 99.9999999865% of the World and A Very Sick Small Handed Person News
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope is the thing with feathers's group 99.9999999865% of the World and A Very Sick Small Handed Person News
13 hours ago
Mrs.B left a comment for Hope is the thing with feathers
13 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope is the thing with feathers's group 99.9999999865% of the World and A Very Sick Small Handed Person News
13 hours ago
Hope is the thing with feathers commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion - Or God is abnormal electrical behavior inside the brain
13 hours ago
Hope is the thing with feathers gave a gift to Mrs.B
13 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope is the thing with feathers's group 99.9999999865% of the World and A Very Sick Small Handed Person News
13 hours ago
Hope is the thing with feathers commented on Hope is the thing with feathers's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
13 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
13 hours ago
15 hours ago
16 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Tom Sarbeck's discussion Antisocial Personality Disorder Is the Default Condition for Life on Earth
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Hi everyone. i am working on project for a class and for it I am asking some questions on worldviews. If you are willing I would really appreciate it if you would answer these questions for me.

1.What is actually reality? What is really real?

2.What is the world around us? (is physical, spiritual, in our heads, etc.)

3. What are we? What is a human being? What is our purpose,  or is there even a purpose at all?

4. What happens when we die?

5. is it possible to know anything at all, and why?

6. How do we know what is right and wrong?

7. What is the meaning of human history? What is its purpose?

Views: 421

Replies to This Discussion

Laughing

Great poetry.

Who is the Moving Finger, Davy? I detect a reference – though indirect – to the First Mover of Saint Thomas Aquinas, and the First Cause Argument.

Omar Khayyam 

Ghiyāth ad-Dīn Abu'l-Fatḥ ʿUmar ibn Ibrāhīm al-Khayyām Nīshāpūrī (18 May 1048 – 4 December 1131; Persian‏غیاث ‌الدین ابوالفتح عمر ابراهیم خیام نیشابورﻯ‎, pronounced [xæjˈjɒːm]) was a Persian polymathphilosophermathematicianastronomer and poet. He also wrote treatises on mechanics,geographymineralogymusic, and Islamic theology.[3]

So I would say it had nothing to do with christianity. As he was a Muslim.

Full entry can be found Here! It also explains a bit about his religious views.

Interesting link

Thanks, Davy.

I was about to ask "Who came first: Khayyam or Aquinas?"

BTW, an egg came first. It found chickens, alligators, fish, birds, turtles, an early homo, and more useful for making more eggs.

In other words: eggs rule this world. They're the masters, and we're their tools.

And scrambled eggs is the vilest form of deicide.

So that's why I like eggs scrambled! I wouldn't have guessed it.

Hearing someone say "Which came first the chicken, or the egg?" I suspect I'm dealing with a person without any scientific (archeological) background.

Dinosaur egg fossils found

The egg comes before the fossil,

Fossil fuel comes before snake oil,

The snake comes before the egg... :P

It's terrible that some of the movements in the mid east are destroying antiquity in attempt to destroy history.

The moving finger is a figurative way to describe time. As time moves the acts we carry out are written in time. We cannot go back and rearrange the acts we did in the past. Nor will all our piety or wit can makes us go back and cancel an act we did. No matter how many tears we shed because of an act we did will not wash the act away. As I say the act is set in concrete for evermore!

1. Hard to tell

2. In our heads

3. Mammals;a naked ape; ultimate no individual yes- to live the world a better place

4. I will answer when I die

5. Yes; we are rational- I know am hungry, when am hungry

6. we learn

7. must everything have a purpose to be worthy of pursuit?

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service