Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a Man? Named Scump News
"This Tweet was posted earlier on the UK civil service official Twitter feed but has since been…"
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a Man? Named Scump News
1 hour ago
"Johnson's defence of Cummings sparks anger from allies and opponents alike  Possible…"
2 hours ago
"I think it might be Doone. The Daily Mail is a rabidly Tory and Brexit rag. I think Borass imagined…"
2 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a Man? Named Scump News
"Scumps Friend is getting bad news - is this an indicative headline, Stephen? No 10 tonight loses…"
3 hours ago
Doone commented on Marianne's group Fantastique, sci-fi & imagination
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a Man? Named Scump News
"Personally, I don't think they should even run once they reach 65. Yes, the hate crimes are…"
6 hours ago
"I don't wish harm to anyone even and including Scump. If as we all hope Biden beats Scump in…"
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a Man? Named Scump News
"Scump the Stupid is getting people beat up, killed, and intimidated for wearing masks. …"
11 hours ago
"The US doctors taking Trump’s lead on hydroxychloroquine – despite mixed…"
11 hours ago
"T Shirt on Twitter  "
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for MitchMitchell
""Happy Birthday, Mitch! Have a great day""
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a Man? Named Scump News
"This thing is so destructive in more ways than one."
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"True."
yesterday
"Coronavirus: Nurse 'hasn't hugged son, two, in five weeks'Charlotte Cole and her…"
yesterday
"I personally don't think Cummings did any harm in the scheme of things. But the thing is he…"
yesterday
"I knew Borass wouldn't fire Dominic Cummings and Cummings himself Deny's any wrongdoing.…"
yesterday
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Nice joke Mrs B. But in the real world Pastors never have to live on Buttons. Unless they are made…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"One Sunday after services one of the ladies approached the pastor's wife and commented,…"
yesterday
Lee Spaner joined Sydni Moser's group
Thumbnail

Vegetarian and Vegan Atheists

This group is dedicated to those who choose to live a compassionate and environmentally friendly…See More
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Curiosity, when it comes to human bodies and sex, seems to create abnormal behaviors. Maybe more nudity would be better for all. 

Posted: Wed, May 01, 2013 | By: Hank Pellissier

Is clothing crushing us? Are we trapped in tomb-like textiles, exiling our flesh from experiencing the environment? Are we atrophying our epidermis, our senses, our neuro-intelligence?

If you put a plaster cast on a broken arm the skin starves for Vitamin D, the muscles weaken due to strangled range of motion, the nerve synapses depress to a whimper of their former joy. Twenty-first century hominids? We shroud our entire skin palette except for face, neck and hands - we obliterate symbiosis with the planet.

We hide in cocoons, when we could be free as butterflies.

History reveals many cultures that were not clothes-minded. Spartans were basically bare and their victories in pan-Hellenic sports competitions enticed all neighboring Greeks to exercise nude, creating the word “gymnasium” (Greek gymnos = naked). Romans mingled in magnificent bathhouses, enjoying dense communal nudity as they drank, dined, defecated, bathed, read books, argued politics, and watched theater. Adamists — naked heretics — performed stripped-down church services in North Africa, Bohemia, the Netherlands, and England. Pre-Hitler Germans were avid adherents of Freikorperkultur (“Free Body Culture”) with 70,000 attending co-ed Nacktkultur schools.

There’s naked Japanese in hot springs, naked Finns in saunas, “sky-clad” Jain monks in India, plus millions of nudists worldwide going to “Nakation” camps, beaches, and resorts. They’re still sporty as Spartans, eager to hike naked (“free bush rambling”), canoe naked (“canuding”), bicycle naked, ride horses naked, run naked, play volleyball, badminton, ping-pong and chess naked, swim naked, dance naked, do Naked Yoga, Naked Tai Chi, Naked Gardening, Naked Bowling, and of course, many of us, perhaps you and I, dear readers, are NIFOC — Naked In Front of Computers.

Many famous figures were bare-all aficionados; too many politicians to name, so I’ll just list sci-fi and scientists: Leonard Nimoy, Alexander Graham Bell, Robert Heinlein, and seismologist Charles Richter. Nudism is prominent in Philip Jose Farmer’s Riverworld books and John Varley’s Steel Beach. Celebrities? Many movie stars skinny-dip at the French Riviera, trying to elude paparazzi seeking pix of Bruce WIllis’ willy or Natalie Portman’s port side.

Here’s evidence suggesting that skin-only can be superior:

Born Free. Pediatricians agree that infants thrive with a daily dose of “naked time” because the unhampered range of motion aids brain development, stimulating neuron growth. Recent discoveries reveal that the “plastic” brain changes and develops throughout our entire lives. Neuroplasticity pioneer Michael M. Merzenich believes, “Everything that you can see happen in a young brain can happen in an older brain.” Doesn’t this imply that “naked time” is equally valuable for humans of any age, especially the elderly?

ImmortalLife

Views: 3319

Replies to This Discussion

Always wondered what the effects of clothing on human's ideas in regards to sex and the why we are embarrassed to be naked in front of other people.  

This is a post i like.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service