Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on Anti_Doone's group North and South American Friends, Africa, EurAsia and Australia Continents and some Poor Country Suffering from Scumpism News
2 hours ago
Suzanna commented on Anti_Doone's group North and South American Friends, Africa, EurAsia and Australia Continents and some Poor Country Suffering from Scumpism News
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Anti_Doone's group North and South American Friends, Africa, EurAsia and Australia Continents and some Poor Country Suffering from Scumpism News
6 hours ago
Stephen commented on Anti_Doone's group North and South American Friends, Africa, EurAsia and Australia Continents and some Poor Country Suffering from Scumpism News
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Anti_Doone's group North and South American Friends, Africa, EurAsia and Australia Continents and some Poor Country Suffering from Scumpism News
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Zachary Konopa
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for T.J. Thomas
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for husain
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Austin P
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Anand Prithvi
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for abdulrahman aliyu
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
8 hours ago
Stephen posted a blog post
15 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
19 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I question every action I have taken to help the planet, and, there by humanity, and the animals I have shared this planet with. Like many of you I have taken many steps in my life to protect our home. I became vegan 22 years ago, and was a vegetarian the previous 37 years. I rode bicycle every chance I got instead of driving a car, I got into solar cooking to use the suns energy instead of the carbon industries fuels. Of course I recycled. The list goes on, and on of things my family, and I did to be part of a green movement to help save our environment, and the animals we share this planet with.

A few years ago I learned that all I, and others had done was in vein. That civilization in it self was a heat engine. For humanity to have saved us from this 6th extinction we have now entered, we would have had to make the change from carbon fuels 50 or 60 years ago.

I could go into all the details behind what I am saying but I would rather you watch the video I will include a link to.

The conclusion is that our time on this planet is probably very short. I mean we could see the collapse of human civilization with in our life time. Possibly as short as 10 to 20 years. Humanity has thrown the switch that has now led to abrupt runaway climate change. That has set into motion many self reinforcing feed back loops within the environment that are now the real threat to life as we know it on this planet.

I still get up each day and put into practice all the green aspects of my life, but no longer expect the out come we had all hoped for. It has been a great emotional turmoil in my existence to learn of these scientific facts, and events that are now taking place. I am trying to deal with this knowledge as best as I can but it really has changed my whole perspective on life. Things that used to seem so important now just seem silly, and trivial. I realize as the planets weather changes at a rate beyond the ability of plants, and animals to evolve, our habitat will no longer provide the necessary food supplies to feed the worlds population. This will, and is creating great social upheaval, and economic pressures that will lead to even further wars, strife, and destruction.

I am not really sure how to deal with all of this, but I think talking about it openly, and honestly is maybe the first start at coming to terms with this reality. As atheists I feel as if at least I can talk openly about this without wild myths, and deniers entering into the conversation with their subjective dogmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TmifJIbD6ohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TmifJIbD6o

Views: 247

Replies to This Discussion

In China some of the rich have something like a half a helium (Zepllin) or hot air balloon over their back yard with HEPA filters so they can go outside without suffering the smothering consequences.

When Psychopaths control the climate based on quaterly earning the entire world is in danger.

I read a report saying that carbon was identified as a green house gas in the late 1800's.

Sorry I can't produce the report at this time. I'll look for it.

There is no excuse for climate deniers.

London Fog was actually a result of coal burning. In the 1940's Pitsburg was black with soot and withing a a few years they cleaned up the town.

http://www.takepart.com/photos/amazing-photos-show-1940s-pittsburgh...

Acid rain and the ozone hole was fixed.

Climate change can be fixed as well.

Challenging Knowledge:
How Climate Science Became a Victim of the Cold War

http://www.project2061.org/events/meetings/climate2010/includes/med...

Thanks for the report. It will take me a while to get through it all but I expect will be worth the time.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service