Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and all those lucky places that doesnt have Trumps as its leader
1 hour ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
1 hour ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
1 hour ago
Chris commented on Michel's group Internet
3 hours ago
Chris commented on Goranko Ilić's video
4 hours ago
Chris commented on Goranko Ilić's video
4 hours ago
Chris replied to D L's discussion Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?
5 hours ago
Chris commented on Stephen's group A Woman's right to choose
6 hours ago
Chris commented on Stephen's group A Woman's right to choose
6 hours ago
Chris replied to D L's discussion Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
6 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
8 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
9 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
9 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I have never been much into heroes and villains stories but I'm always fascinated by other people's predilections in that matter. By the difference between the real person and their fantasy character of choice as much as by their similarity or affinity with them.

Here's a gallery to post those fantastic images of heroes, heroins and villains that are burned forever in our imagination. I'll start the ball rolling with Rorsach (from The Watchmen)

This is what Wikipedia has to say about him:

A vigilante who wears a white mask that contains a symmetrical but constantly shifting ink blot pattern, he continues to fight crime in spite of his outlaw status. Moore said he was trying to "come up with this quintessential Steve Ditko character—someone who's got a funny name, whose surname begins with a 'K,' who's got an oddly designed mask". Moore based Rorschach on Ditko's creation Mr. A; Ditko's Charlton character The Question also served as a template for creating Rorschach. 

Comics historian Bradford W. Wright described the character's world view "a set of black-and-white values that take many shapes but never mix into shades of gray, similar to the ink blot tests of his namesake". Rorschach sees existence as random and, according to Wright, this viewpoint leaves the character "free to 'scrawl [his] own design' on a 'morally blank world'".Moore said he did not foresee the death of Rorschach until the fourth issue when he realized that his refusal to compromise would result in him not surviving the story.

Views: 2938

Replies to This Discussion

True!

I shall repent now...

Michel, I think I've read most of them when I was around 12- 13 and also Doc Savage if I remember rightly, maybe some others (memory lapse) (I always thought that the Bob Morane comics were a bit lame...). Have you read Philemon or Valerian (great heroes in my opinion)? !!!! 

I wouldn't call them "heroes" (and villains even less), but Hopey and Maggie (and the rest of the cast of Love and Rockets, my favorite American comics of all time) are longtime favorites of mine.

Never heard of them.

Nippur de Lagash was one of my favorite heroes from comics I read when I was a tween/teen. It was an Argentine comic strip. I know that the comic was translated to several languages. Has anyone else heard of him?

Nope, but I've heard of a Roma from Belfast, a Lhasa from Montreal, and even a Paris from Beverly Hills.

my favorite villains (or are they heroes) family

The-Munsters-show_320.jpg (320×240)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service