Feedback and Notes

No Gods

Latest Activity

Doone commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"I do not like you orangey man. I do not like your fake, weird tan. I do not like you in our House I…"
9 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"Bloody grim."
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"The NHS has had to provide a service as it was before but with less funding. At the greatest period…"
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"Well our waiting lists have gotten worse, not better, & this has gone on for years. I remember…"
4 hours ago
"Its the same thing here. Shortages, long waiting lists, & many who go into the medical…"
4 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"Trouble is Mrs B. Nobody is listening to each other, like America, everyone's become so…"
4 hours ago
"Jerkson confronted by the father of a patient. Jerkson acts as if his government is newly elected…"
4 hours ago
"Good on that dad! Hope everyone sees this!!!"
4 hours ago
"Who would have thought Britain would be in this position."
4 hours ago
"Boris Johnson confronted by a furious parent over NHS waiting times during hospital visit Boris…"
4 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"Dad who sexually abused daughters deflects responsibility in a rambling, two-hour speechA man who…"
5 hours ago
"Brexit: Boris Johnson slammed as 'father of lies' in the Supreme Court Boris Johnson was…"
5 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
"Rebuilding the skull of the "first modern human". #Africa Transformation and…"
18 hours ago
"Precisely how most of us feel."
23 hours ago
"This is just a part of a Sam Harris video where he tears Scump a new one. I don't think anyone…"
23 hours ago
Mrs.B left a comment for Sigil
"Hope to see you in some groups."
yesterday
"Terribly infected!"
yesterday
Doone commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"Describe this idiot's life in a few words, Mucksters?"
yesterday
"Jesus Christ, they are Christ Trumps and Scottish Frederick Trump (born Friedrich Trump;…"
yesterday
"Brexit news: Tories round on Luxembourg PM for an attack on conference no-show Boris Johnson Tory…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Indiana, being the Alabama of the north, is front and center this week. Governor with presidential ambitions Mike Pence signed into law the "Religious Freedom" act. Basically vilified by all those who are part of the thinking human race, it is just foolishness meant to excuse those who wish not to participate in modern commerce, and for those who believe recognizing our shared common humanity is simply horrible.

Immediately the close-minded fools celebrated:

An Indiana business owner went on a local radio station and said that he had discriminated against gay or lesbian couples even before Gov. Mike Pence (R) signed a law on Thursday protecting business owners who decide to discriminate for “religious liberty” reasons. He then defended the practice and suggested he would do it again.

The business owner, who would not give his name or the name of his business, said he had told some LGBT “people” that equipment was broken in his restaurant and he couldn’t serve them even though it wasn’t and other people were already eating at the tables. “So, yes, I have discriminated,” he told RadioNOW 100.9 hosts. The hosts were surprised the owner said he was okay with discriminating.

“Well, I feel okay with it because it’s my place of business, I pay the rent, I’ve built it with all my money and my doing. It’s my place; I can do whatever I want with it, “he said. “They can have their lifestyle and do their own thing in their own place or with people that want to be with them.”

Even the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, which in no way is a liberal institution, understood the loss of revenue this bill heralds. Apple, Yelp, the NCAA, and so many more, are already talking about not doing business in the state.

Yet this is possibly the best news I've heard in a while. There are other states ready to follow Indiana's lead regardless of the consequences. Maybe we couldn't rationally stop the spread of stupid, but it appears we can now bankrupt it.

Celebrate the good news brothers!.

Views: 408

Replies to This Discussion

a wise choice, yes!!! STAY IN CANADA!!!!!!!

I have cancer now, and i wish i was in CAnada.  I have been fighting with my insurance (which costs me about $900 per month) to agree to do MRI on my bones.  for past year now.  
geez, right?
stay in canada.
hey, hook a canook! wanna gay marry me so i can get an MRI?

Yes, I remember your diagnosis.

I had my second hip replacement done in Feb. & believe me, I AM glad to be Canadian.

No can do, I've been married almost 53 years.

dang!!

are you and hubby maybe some mormon types?  Mormons can have multiple wives i think.

My husband WAS united church, I am very excommunicated moron......emphasis on the EX part.

We were both non church attendees by the time we got married.

smartttttttttt

In sarcasm,

Impeach (the goofy) Donald Trump get (the creepy) Mike Pence.

Some of those states sound horrific!

Of course, you can find white nationalism everywhere. And here in Europe, you can still find the mother of all Fascists the Nazis. And these groups are the real deal.

I guess we're spoiled.....religion is barely noticed in my city.

Oregon and Idaho white supremists are terrible.  Fortunately the Southern Poverty Law Center won a law suit against them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1990/10/14/white-su...

Of course the complexities are more complicated than the brief article.

Thomas Frank's 2004 book 'What's the Matter wilth Kansas.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F

I didn't like wikepedia when it first came out. It's getting better with more 'open source.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service