Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Religion leads to Trumpism
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Religion leads to Trumpism
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
5 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
11 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for rose mary
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for nader shahrokhi
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Justin Payne
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Erin F
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Bob
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for aholt
14 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
14 hours ago
Doone commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
17 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I'm looking for a suggestions here... I know that many people have their own ways to marcerate tofu, or chicken, for thai dishes for example...  I'd like very much if somebody could tell me some ways to macerate tofu so it can get some flavour because by itself it has none;  any type of maceration interests me ?

Views: 113

Replies to This Discussion

My wife does this - i think she adds curry or fish oil or stir fries the tofu with various condiments.  If you put the tofu in water, add some spices and simmer for awhile so flavor seeps in.  

You can also make a soup with it so that the flavor seeps in over time.

Since it is summertime, and grilling is the thing, I do this: 

2 packages extra firm tofu - You should press out the water for an hour before marinating. Put paper towels on a plate, tofu on top of towels, more paper towels, then a weight on top. (skillet, plate, etc. just enough weight to gently press out the water.

To marinade, combine 3 strips of orange zest with 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup sesame oil, 2 garlic cloves that have been pealed and smashed with the flat side of a knife, 2 - 1/4 inch - slices of ginger smashed with the flat side of your knife and 2 whole star anise. 

Cut the tofu crosswise into 3/4 inch slices. Put in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the tofu. Marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or two, turning the tofu several times during the process to make sure all sides are evenly marinated.

Remove tofu from marinade, put the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until it is syrupy. Dissolve a half teaspoon of cornstarch into two teaspoons of water and add to the simmering marinade. 30 seconds and remove from heat.

Grill or fry tofu five minutes per side, using some of the glaze you made with the marinade to baste the tofu with. When done, put the tofu on a platter, spread any remaining marinade on the tofu.

If you want, sprinkling sesame seeds and sliced green onions on the tofu is a nice way to finish the dish.

Sounds like a long process, but it's actually pretty easy.

Have fun. =) 

I'm going to make the Neal. Thanks for the recipe.

You are definitely welcome, unless you don't like the outcome. In that case, I don't know what the heck you are talking about. =)

If it turns out bad, then it's the cooks fault rather than the recipe.

Hah! It is best on the grill.

I'm trying this week

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service