Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Chris commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
3 hours ago
Suzanna commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
11 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
11 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
12 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
16 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
18 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
18 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
19 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
19 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
20 hours ago
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
23 hours ago
yesterday
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
yesterday
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I'm always running across some interesting tid-bit that I'd love to share with others, but, but, but, they just don't seem to fit into any particular group.

Here is your chance to post interesting, entertaining, funny, and noteworthy topics, videos, pictures, links, that tickle your fancy...

Views: 354

Replies to This Discussion

Well I'm here a lot as I'm waiting for another hip replacement & can't do much else. 

Insomnia is my life....hahahaha!!!!!

well, my pal, i hope you are Canadian, and not 'merikan...Ka-Ching!!!$$$$$

best of luck though, that can't be fun.   I will start a prayer chain or necklace or whatever that is about, for YOU. and your hip.
I think they should give you the old hip to like, put under a glass case to admire.  bet that hip has some Storiesssssss...  

Yes, ma'am British Columbia, & damn glad of it! I wouldn't be ''murikin'' for all the tea in China! That poor excuse for a leader has put many off even visiting.

I have always been a night person & I say morning is a 4 letter word, & I get up before 10 a.m. willingly for nobody!

My first hip was done last October, & I wanted to see the bone but I was out cold even though I was supposed to be awake through surgery. I had a spinal freezing to numb me from the chest down, but I went right to sleep.....thankfully. No way I wanted to be awake. My surgeon is terrific however, so having the second one done is not worrying me at all.

I've had many surgeries, & cancer, but prayin', clergy, or church was never involved with any of them. I did just fine with treatment, doctors/nurses, & hospitals.....amazin', huh?

Mrs. B.,

'Murkin' vs. 'Merkin'

I wish you a healthy recovery from your surgery.   I saw an upright walker that  looks like it will help with your physical therapy better than the older hunched down kind I see many people using that put tennis balls on the front legs to help them move.

https://www.mobility-aids.com/platform-u-step-II-walker.html?gclid=...

The linked upright walker seems kind of expensive. It should be the standard for physical therapy not only for people who have had hip replacement surgery, but also other physical rehabilitation procedures.

There was a church group in the town I lived in called the Agape House. They and others provided me with a medical lift bed, electric lift chair and other equipment when I was recuperating.

I appreciated, and continue to appreciate there help- even monetarily.

A guy I worked who was a dominionist.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_theology

Through various programs he attained an electric trike 'wheel chair' for his father who only lasted a couple of months after receiving the chair. In his greed rather than passing the chair along he attempted to sell it.

I don't know the outcome of his attempt to sell the chair - I doubt the New Hope Dominionist church taught "Christian Values"

That guy and his church - what do they call it 'Christian Prosperity?"  are some one of the most egregious people and group I ever came across.

I have all the equipment from my first hip replacement last fall.

Mrs B.,
I am a RN and I chuckled about what you said about making it through it all of your medical problems (and wow, you have had your share and Then some!)
without prayers.  Yeah, i was just teasing about I'll start a prayer circle for you.
I am high fiving you right now about getting through stuff without prayer....like they say, "Nothing fails like prayer",
and in the ICU, I have often stood witness to

"non-consensual prayer" LOL, indeed, the gorked, half-awake are prayed over by ministers they do not even know.  Oughta to be a law.

and i too, am glad for you that you are a Canuck.  whew.   

Ooooo, that praying bit without consent just irritates me no end! How dare they!!!

I've had so many procedures, I told my dr. I wanted my name permanently on a hospital room! Hahahaha....

Chris, what a thoughtful bit of help with the links and all.  and woe, sorry about the Dominatrix  (:-D)  or whatever that was trying to sell your medical equipment? aw geez... 

So, Mrs B.,

Is there a 'sub-group' of "Insomniac Atheists"  ?  Should we apply to government for a grant to study up if most insomniacs are atheists?
Or, a grant to study up if most atheists are insomniacs?
or, should we should just put on auto-play of Forensic Files or shows about Whales which are invariably narrated by Australians, and hope to fall asleep?

what's up with the lull induced by Australian accents?  Does that entire nation instantly fall asleep as soon as another Australian says anything? Or do THEY get accustomed to it, and no longer pass out at the sound of an Australian accent?

Me?  Soon as I listen to an Australian? I relax and fall asleep.  I guess it is a good thing i do not live there.  I would be found sleeping in the street, in a cafe, etc etc.

Welcome back anyway. 

Thank you, Stephan, so nice to see at least YOU are still here!! yay

geez, i am not smart enough to use this website anymore.  I posted some remark last night, and now? now i can not find it again.  lol.  facepalm.  i wondered, if i post another, if i drop another bread crumb? can it lead back to yesterdays? haha.  well, here goes..

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service