Feedback and Notes

No Gods

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"Sounds like some truth to that."
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump or Boris
"Now that's specializing, the aye-with its long finger"
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump or Boris
"Some things are just so weird."
3 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump or Boris
"The giant aye-aye (Daubentonia robusta) was 2-2.5 times bigger than the present-day…"
3 hours ago
Ana Pirs replied to Neal's discussion Vegetables in the group Vegetarian and Vegan Atheists
"Hi! I'm a fan of Baked Cauliflower Buffalo Bites Try!)) "
5 hours ago
Ana Pirs commented on Sydni Moser's group Vegetarian and Vegan Atheists
"Hi! I'm a fan of Baked Cauliflower Buffalo Bites Try!)) "
5 hours ago
Clayton Rhofes commented on Clayton Rhofes's blog post Can a native Arabic speaker clarify this
"I been an ex-mooze now for a while,(dear muslims shut the fuck up,i dont want to talk about your…"
6 hours ago
Clayton Rhofes commented on Clayton Rhofes's blog post Can a native Arabic speaker clarify this
"Muslims told me that i am stupid and cant understand simple words,sorry for accidently converting…"
6 hours ago
Clayton Rhofes posted blog posts
6 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"From TPM about the recent Isreali elections With 98% of the vote counted, Benny Gantz and Blue and…"
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"That's disgusting, Stephen."
8 hours ago
Mrs.B replied to Lutz's discussion Protecting Information Space from Facebook’s Tyranny Author: Ulson Gunnar
"I don't like flakebook at all."
9 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"In 2017, scientists found a new species of orangutan (P. Scumpis) in remote offices of Washington-…"
9 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump or Boris
"The Mexican dog-faced bat (Cynomops mexicanus) from Central America. (Photo: Jose…"
9 hours ago
"The grumpy looking cape rain frog. (Photo: Abu Shawka)"
9 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
"Denisovans: Face of long-lost human relative unveiledResearchers have provided the first glimpse of…"
10 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Earth, Canada and a Scump Sharpie Affected World News
"(This story truly emphasises the utter contempt that the aristocrats' of the Tory Party has…"
11 hours ago
Lutz posted discussions
18 hours ago
Lutz replied to Dad the Baker's discussion Non Atheist Discussion
"I used to fast for 36 hrs or 2 days a while back. By day 2 got over the hunger pangs - which really…"
18 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY 
TUESDAY, 29 OCTOBER 2013

A James Cook University and National Geographic expedition to Cape York Peninsula in north-east Australia has found three vertebrate species new to science and isolated for millions of years—a bizarre looking leaf-tail gecko, a golden-coloured skink and a boulder-dwelling frog.

Earlier this year Dr Conrad Hoskin from James Cook University and National Geographic photographer and Harvard University researcher Dr Tim Laman teamed up for an expedition to explore a remote mountain range on Cape York Peninsula in north-east Australia.

The rugged mountain range of Cape Melville is an amazing place—millions of black granite boulders the size of cars and houses piled hundreds of meters high. Surveys have previously been conducted in the boulder-fields around the base of Cape Melville but the plateau of boulder-strewn rainforest on top had remained largely unexplored, fortressed by massive boulder walls.

In March this year, with funding from the National Geographic Expedition Council, Hoskin, Laman and a National Geographic film crew flew in by helicopter to explore the uplands. The results were incredible. Within several days they had discovered three highly distinct new vertebrate species (a leaf-tailed gecko, a golden-coloured skink, and a boulder-dwelling frog) as well as a host of other interesting species that may also be new to science.

Views: 178

Replies to This Discussion

Our planet has many fascinating forms of llfe.  He is an image of the boulder Frog

Too cool. =)

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service