Feedback and Notes

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Birthdays

All Discussions Tagged 'women' (16)

← Back to Atheist Women
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kansas abortion crackdown: New bill says life begins at fertilization

I'm not sure why we keep playing with a woman's ability to control her health; maybe it's because they don't care? I guess if they do, the…

Started by Neal

10 Apr 13, 2013
Reply by Michel

INDIANOLA, Iowa — Republicans have offered a number of reasons why they oppose the Violence Against Women Act. Some think it’s unconstitutional. Others argue that it’s just a meaningless bill ...

Grab whatever excuse comes to mind Senator, no matter how imbecilic it may be. Top GOP Senator: Native American Juries Are Incapable Of Try…

Started by Neal

6 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by Michel

No fun even in heaven

Here's an excellent blog post by Taslima Nasreen. If you follow the logic of Islam(I'm using the word "logic" here loosely, of course), it…

Started by Adriana

7 Nov 5, 2012
Reply by Marianne

A short film about global violence against women

WARNING: violent images. This is a beautifully made short video bout One Billion Rising, a project to raise awareness and protest violence…

Started by Adriana

0 Sep 27, 2012

A Woman’s Place? The Dearth of Women in the Secular Movement

Susan Jacoby wrote a very good article about why there are less women than men in secularist/atheist movements, for the September/October i…

Started by Adriana

12 Sep 23, 2012
Reply by Chris

Women in Science in Australia.

Women in Science in Australia. Here are two women that are not only in science but also are leaders in science teams. Catherine Patricia Fo…

Started by Davy

1 Aug 5, 2012
Reply by Adriana

One Victory for the ladies, One small step to true equality.

Melbourne Australia. A domestic abuse victim, Jeannie Blackburn, of Yarra Valley, has been tirelessly campaigning and urging the Melbourne…

Started by Davy

2 Jun 21, 2012
Reply by Adriana

The GOP's Long War Against Women

Surrounded by lawmakers, President George W. Bush signs legislation banning so-called partial birth abortions in Washington on November 5,…

Started by Neal

18 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by Chris

To My Mother

Short and excellent article, a definite call to arms.  Saturday 18 February 2012by: William Rivers Pitt, Truthout | Op-Ed Catholic Bishop W…

Started by Neal

0 Feb 18, 2012

Women wearing makeup appear more competent to people

This is a bit depressing. Hardly surprising, since naturally looks are important, for men too, of course; I'm sure tall men look more compe…

Started by Adriana

11 Feb 11, 2012
Reply by Michel

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service