Feedback and Notes

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

A compendium  of mainly USA White Christian nonesense

5 things you should know about the OR Militia Movement

Embedded image permalink

Views: 483

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EXCLUSIVE: White Nationalist PAC Blankets Iowa With Robocalls For T...

Dzfz19g8a1vvgssnebqq

Iowa voters received robocalls from a white nationalist super PAC that calls Donald Trump its “Great White Hope” urging them to support the conservative billionaire in the 2016 election.

Good link and informaton about the "White Power" movement.  People outside of this area may not know how prevelant the "White Power" movement is in the NW of the U.S.A.

Notorious Portland skinhead Kenneth Mieske dies serving life prison...

Bryan Denson | The Oregonian/OregonLive By Bryan Denson | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on July 27, 2011 at 9:10 PM, updated July 27, 2011 at 9:11 PM
91 shares

1 / 6

Kenneth Mieske, who used a Louisville Slugger baseball bat to club Seraw to death on a Southeast Portland street corner, was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison. He fell ill at Oregon State Penitentiary and died Tuesday night at Salem Hospital, according to the state Department of Corrections. He was 45.

"I don't know how the last 23 years played out in prison for him, but I hope that he was able to find peace with his inner demons before he succumbed to his illness," said Loren Christensen, a Portland police officer who kept tabs on white supremacists at the time of Seraw's killing.

The brutality of Mieske's crime offered a seminal moment to a city that took pride in its racial tolerance. Portland citizens rallied against racism. State lawmakers passed a groundbreaking law to monitor hate crimes. And a landmark civil-rights lawsuit brought by Seraw's family put a notorious neo-Nazi on trial as an instigator of Seraw's slaying.

On Nov. 12, 1988, Mieske and two cohorts with the skinhead gang East Side White Pride -- Kyle Brewster  and Steven Strasser  -- handed out racist leaflets at Pioneer Courthouse Square. In the wee hours of the next day, the skinheads left a beer party and spotted Seraw near the intersection of 31st Avenue and Pine Street.

20 years after Ruby Ridge siege, extremists are fewer in northern I....

The plague of xenophobia remains.  The above links is a good expose about the recent history of white supremicy in the N.W. of the U.S.A.

More here

I wonder if the terrible way the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas was handled is why the ATF, FBI, and other federal law enforcement agencies are hesatant to arrest and indict these criminals. 

This is the same group that held off federal and had agents withdrawl in Mesquite Nevada in 2014

MESQUITE, Nev. - A day after blinking in a showdown on the range, federal land managers pledged to pursue efforts to resolve a conflict with a southern Nevada rancher who has refused to pay grazing fees for 20 years.

Bureau of Land Management spokesman Craig Leff said the agency would continue to try to resolve the matter involving rancher Cliven Bundy "administratively and judicially." Bundy owes more than $1 million in grazing fees, according to the bureau.

"The door isn't closed. We'll figure out how to move forward with this," he said Sunday. He declined to comment on possible options.

Bundy did not respond to requests for comment.

The fight between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management widened into a debate about states' rights and federal land-use policy. Bundy does not recognize federal authority on land he insists belongs to Nevada. The debate over who is right became so heated that a self-described armed local militia has come to his aide.

However, even some of Bundy's own neighbors don't buy his arguments, reports CBS affiliate KLAS in Las Vegas.

"I feel that the rule of law supercedes armed militias coming in from all over the country to stand with a law-breaking rancher, which is what he is" Mesquite resident Elaine Hurd told KLAS.

On Saturday, the bureau released about 400 head of cattle it had seized from Bundy back to him only hours after announcing a premature halt to the roundup due to safety concerns. The operation, expected to take up to a month, ended after only a week.

The cattle were freed after hundreds of states' rights protesters, some of them armed militia members, show... outside Mesquite to demand the animals' release.

Las Vegas Police Lt. Dan Zehnder told The Associated Press that Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie was able to negotiate a resolution after talking with Bundy.

But Leff stressed that the bureau did not take part in the negotiations.

"The BLM and National Park Service did not cut any deal and negotiate anything," he said. "There was no deal we made."

The several hundred cows gathered during the roundup were short of the BLM's goal of 900 cows that it says have been trespassing on U.S. land without required grazing permits for over 20 years.

The showdown over Bundy's cattle was the latest chapter in the Sagebrush Rebellion, which was launched by Nevada lawmakers in the 1970s in an attempt to turn control of federal land to the states.

Environmentalists accused the bureau of capitulating to threats of violence from armed Bundy supporters and urged them to pursue action against the rancher.

"The BLM has a sacred duty to manage our public lands in the public interest, to treat all users equally and fairly," said Rob Mrowka, senior scientist with the Center for Biological Diversity. "Instead it is allowing a freeloading rancher and armed thugs to seize hundreds of thousands of acres of the people's land as their own fiefdom."

"The BLM is setting a dangerous precedent in announcing that it will pick and choose who has to follow federal laws and who it will reward for violating them," he added.

Leff declined to comment, reiterating that the bureau's top concern was the safety of its employees and the public.

In April 2012, the Center for Biological Diversity filed a notice of intent to sue the bureau for canceling a planned roundup of Bundy's cattle at the last minute.

The dispute that ultimately triggered last week's roundup dates to 1993, when the bureau cited concern for the federally protected desert tortoise in the region.

The bureau was implementing two federal court orders issued last year to remove Bundy's cattle after making repeated efforts to resolve the matter outside court.

Oregon Militants Try to Recruit a ‘Constitutional’ Sheriff From Nei...

Disgruntled with Harney officials, militiamen travel to Grant County to seek help from CSPOA-affiliated sheriff, but he declines.

Since so much of their extremist worldview hinges on the idea that the county sheriff is the highest authority in the land, the “constitutionalists” who seized the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge near Burns, Ore., last week have been extremely vocal about their displeasure with Sheriff David Ward of Harney County.

Ward, they say, has failed in his “constitutional duty” to defend ranchers in his county against the federal government. It’s widely believed the sheriff is one of the chief targets of the “citizens grand jury” the Ammon Bundy-led invaders plan to convene soon.

So the militiamen recently turned to a sheriff they believed to be more sympathetic to their cause:  Glenn Palmer, the sheriff of Grant County, which is adjacent to Harney County directly to the north.

According to Palmer, the men showed up in the town of John Day and arranged a meeting at a local restaurant. In the end, they failed to get what they came for –– Palmer’s assistance.

“I had no idea who I was meeting with when we had lunch yesterday,” he said. “I walked in, I realized who they were and I sat and listened to them. ... They actually wanted me to come down there and make a stand, and I said, ‘not without the sheriff’s blessing.’”

The men had reason to believe that Palmer would be sympathetic to their cause. Palmer calls himself a “constitutional sheriff” and is not only a member in good standing of the far-right Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA), but was named that organization’s “lawman of the year” in 2012. He also traveled to Washington, D.C., in 2014 to participate in a CSPOA-led meeting with two U.S. senators about immigration.

Palmer’s claim to fame among their ranks lies in his feud with the U.S. Forest Service over policing powers in Grant County. Palmer told USFS officials that their rangers only had jurisdiction in the federal building in John Day.

And while the sheriff was unwilling to go to Harney County to help bolster the Bundys’ cause, Palmer told the East Oregonian that while he has “a pretty good working relationship” with the neighboring sheriff, he was also unwilling to go to Burns to support Sheriff Ward.

“About the only thing (Ward) really told me is I’m welcome to come down there if I would shame and humiliate them into giving up and I said, ‘No, I won’t do that,”’ Palmer said. “I’m not in the business of denouncing or shaming or humiliating anybody.”

Palmer described the participants in the takeover as “patriots,” and generally spoke of the occupation in glowing terms: “I think it’s brought some things to light that might not have otherwise got the attention that they did. … I do believe that the resolution and solution to the way this is going to be handled, if it’s handled properly, could have a long-lasting effect on our county as well.”

He was also clear in his view that such an outcome would require the government to make concessions.

“I believe the government is going to have to concede to something,” he said. “I don’t think these guys are going to give up without knowing that they’ve done something that benefits the people of our country or our region.”

CSPOA president Richard Mack, who participated in the rally in Burns supporting two local ranchers whose imminent imprisonment served as the Bundys’ excuse for the takeover later that day, initially backed away from the protest, saying the “CSPOA does not support or condone the occupation.”

But in a video released earlier this week, Mack told right-wing interviewer Joshua Cook that while he disagreed with the takeover tactically, he fully supported the ideology behind it, explaining that it was a logical response to federal “tyranny.”

More here including a video.

Its strange isn't it Chris that if these guys had been Islamists or Black lives matter people the feds would have been in there like a shot. 

Chris I watched the right-wing interviewer Joshua Cook and I cant believe the drivel they talk.

The Bundy group seems to hold the government outside of democracy.  Democracy is "We the People."  Voting is paramount to democracy - it's all of us.

I wonder if some of the Tea Partiers, or wose the Bundy group believe that democracy has failed. Some in the Occupy movement believe that as well.

It's strange that the Occupy movement was broken by violence from the DOJ while the Bundy group are allowed a pass.

It seems to be a double standard.

Perhaps when one dollar equals one  voice, one vote per person we will have something that equates to a democracy.

As an optomist I beilieve we will get there eventually.

Hopefully  one day a voucher system will be in place so everyone has an equal monetary say in the electorial process. 

Campaign finance reform is needed.

Reporters without boarders: For Freedom of Information.

--

2105 World Press Freedom Index.

Some say the Fourth Branch of Governement is a Free Press.

10 Signs You Are A Fundamentalist Christian Nut-Case

"10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian."

submitted by Strong Atheist Kaiser_Atzen

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service