Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
4 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
5 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
7 hours ago
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion Or holey,holey,holey Arguments for Religion
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion Or holey,holey,holey Arguments for Religion
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
9 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Wesley Sherman
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Steven Richards
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Nathan Hevenstone
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for jcak
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Gabe Om
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion Or holey,holey,holey Arguments for Religion
9 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Atheism requires people who question what authority says.

I first questioned that "Turn the other cheek" stuff. The nuns said it so many times that I finally realized I have only two cheeks. "No one will get a second cheek," I told myself.

After a hitch in the Navy I started college. One trip to the natural history museum made me okay with evolution. When I quit religion I was studying math and science and, my time limited, I settled for agnosticism. I realized that I'm responsible for choosing a purpose in life and finished college. I found work I enjoyed and didn't again have time to think on the matter until after I retired.

One day another retired man volunteered that the thought of dying didn't bother him. He asked if I had any thoughts on the subject and I realized that in fifty years no lightning bolts had struck near me. I decided it was time to leave the agnostic closet and told him I was an atheist.

It was that easy.

What does atheism require of you?

[See also the related discussion, What Did Theism Require?]

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice one Tom. I too have had it easy most of my life when it comes to being an Atheist. My background and family have all been supporters of the Labour Party and labour movement so me being an Atheist came quite naturally.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service