Feedback and Notes

No Gods or Scumps Allowed

Latest Activity

Onyango Makagutu commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"People still believe in miracles. Maybe I should also be made saint"
53 minutes ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"Religion is useful to the rulers and Trump is using it to his advantage. To counteract this, people…"
54 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"Rulers use religion. —Seneca(?) What would increase the effectiveness of our attempts to…"
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group The Burgeoning Problem of Living on Earth with a Cockwomble as the Most Powerful Person News
"The UK has resisted the creation of ID Cards even during the war. Besides it smacks as a way for…"
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group The Burgeoning Problem of Living on Earth with a Cockwomble as the Most Powerful Person News
"We've had photo ID for quite sometime."
9 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group The Burgeoning Problem of Living on Earth with a Cockwomble as the Most Powerful Person News
"Voter ID: Government announces plan to prevent UK citizens voting without photographic proof of…"
9 hours ago
Stephen replied to Sydni Moser's discussion Strawberry Dishes to Make Now in the group Vegetarian and Vegan Atheists
"Strawberry and Kiwi smoothie you can't go wrong with those two."
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Kami
"Happy Birthday, Kami! Have a great day."
15 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for jessica stanfield
"Happy Birthday, Jessica. Have a great day."
15 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and all those lucky places that doesnt have Trump as its leader
"Operation Christmas Child: Does its charity benefit the public? Samaritan's Purse is again…"
15 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and all those lucky places that doesnt have Trump as its leader
"Don’t take lessons on democracy from Church of England bishopshe bishop of London has…"
15 hours ago
Doone commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"Disturbing ideas about how the Scump Admin views religion Attorney General Bill Barr: "This is…"
20 hours ago
Ana Pirs replied to Sydni Moser's discussion Strawberry Dishes to Make Now in the group Vegetarian and Vegan Atheists
"OMG! I love it, I  love it, I love it! Strawberry art!)) I like Smoothie with Strawberry…"
23 hours ago
Ana Pirs replied to Jean Marie's discussion VEGAN lasagne? in the group Vegetarian and Vegan Atheists
"Lasagna wirhout cheese?  It's impossible I think!)) Cheese is the most basic in…"
23 hours ago
"Imagine No Scump "
yesterday
"Holy Monkey, the rules for saints are so ridiculous - they should just give out Sainthoods for…"
yesterday
"Ritual infant circumcision “morally impermissible”, say experts The religious and…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"Such a farce."
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Todd Nichols
"Happy birthday Todd. Have a great day"
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Terri Vandenhende
"Happy birthday, Have a great day "
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Before I Created You in the Womb, I knew You...

Day after day we read the endless stories about religion using politics to warp our daily lives. It's time to examine what media outlets stop short of saying. Welcome to the Jungle.

There have been posts on this site and all over the net pointing out the conservative talking points being raised regarding abortion. The frontrunners, Mr. Trump, and Mr. Cruz, are both supposedly "pro-life," and support bans on all abortions for almost any reason.

Mr. Trump, who has changed his story multiple times, has inserted into the discussion the idea of "punishment" for women who have a legal medical procedure, or possibly the doctors who perform them. Then the tune was changed to "it's the law of the land," then one more modification, "the law of the land until he is president."

Mr. Cruz is possibly even more fanatical. If elected, Ted would ban all abortions, even in the case of rape which no other conservative has done. He makes light of this very serious topic with nauseating comments. If anyone thinks he would be better in the White House than Donald you'd be mistaken. Both would be disasters, but Ted would begin the American Theocracy. Mr. Cruz opinions are barbaric. He states "I don't believe it makes sense to blame the child." Apparently the blame rests on the mother's shoulders, which is just fine in the conservative worldview. If elected, Ted intends to prosecute Planned Parenthood for criminal violations, based on the fraudulent propaganda videos edited by David Daleiden. He would stop any funding for women's health and allow companies to deny birth control coverage at their own discretion. You get a whole lot of "barefoot and pregnant" with Mr. Cruz.

Planned Parenthood supporters seem to center their rebuttals on the very serious matter of women's health, but I see a switch that's going to be flipped coming soon.  

Mr. Trump spelled out the consequences for women if abortion, as in his mind it should be, is illegal. Punishment. Someone has to pay the price. Either a woman will end up in jail for aborting a rapist's offspring, or the doctor doing the procedure will. This is the end game for America's conservative party, punishment. Certain media outlets are starting to focus on framing the debate in this manner as they should be. This is what happens if our laws protecting women are changed or ignored. Even birth control could be illegal since our religious friends believe that to be abortion as well.

We know false morality when we see it, and we see the decisions made by the holders of a barbaric morality as they continue to assault the public daily.

Yesterday there was an article in the local paper by Cal Thomas - evangelical Christian pundit and president of the Moral Majority in the first half of the 80s - that centered on morality. In his view, since the hippies in the 60s until now we have been drifting away from morality. In his mind, morality cannot change; what is written is what it is. He goes so far as to state that only "enforced" morality will turn this country around. He cannot understand that "doing unto others..." changes.

It would seem to be a fairly fanatical stance to take, but what else should we expect from the religious? The media is now starting to concentrate on what pro-lifers stand for, but they pull up short in their coverage.  

No one aggressively, or even meekly, states that religion is the cause of this battle against our rights to live free. The religious are always framed as generous and moral people in the media. Sure, every so often a pastor blows it by saying what he really means, but that is covered up and slips into the void before anyone can hold it up to the light. We have seen these "moral" people kill doctors and bomb clinics, and although many religious, and non-religious, people would say that the action is an atrocity, it is not something that the enablers will stop. It keeps happening.   

This is America's number one problem at the moment. The fundamentalist takeover of the Republican party directly opposes the Constitution of the United States. For over three decades we've had a political party get more conservative and religious in their governance. They no longer represent the people. Religion is used to foment division among us all. This is not just a problem in nationwide politics, but statewide and even city-wide governments. This is a daily threat to our freedoms. It doesn't matter if there are more and more non-believers in the country if we allow the Christian Right to run our schools, our government, our homes, and our persons. Daily they are working to bring us back to a life that is centered around myth, and they will do whatever it takes while we sit on the sidelines.  

In my backyard, there was a tribute to first-responders on one of the 9-11 anniversaries. My conservative state representative came out to say a few words. Those words comprised a sermon, nothing more. It is not governance, it is a religious intrusion into life.

No one knew me before I was born, I was born free.

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't they use to call quinine Jesuit bark?

Quinine was also used for malaria. As we see many medications result in subsequent problems while not helping the symptoms they are manufactured to 'relieve.'

I should look up references before I reply to them.

Some ancient remidies are still in use. Asprin and birth control pills are made from plant material. They aren't all made in a chemistry lab. I'd guess the medicines made in chemistry labs are more harmful.

That's an interesting link Daniel W.

Zika has expanded to thirty states in the U.S.

The Umatilla Indians I used to live around were against fogging to prevent mosquito larva growth because the fish depended on the larva as food. There was a federal court case and the Indigiounious people won to protect the food source for the fish leaving mosquitoe larva.

The overlying thing is rivers need to be healthy and not cest pool mosquito breeding grounds.

As E.O. Wislon (one of my heros) says we don't know about the natural world.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service