Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and the Current Guy in the White House News
11 minutes ago
Doone commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and the Current Guy in the White House News
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Neal's discussion The Sunday Planet - January 14, 2018
9 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Neal's discussion The Sunday Planet - January 14, 2018
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Jess
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Suzanne Johnson
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Person Who is Forcing Us to Live in the Age of Trump News. Sad!!
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for djmarios
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Dayna
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for ali aslan
13 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Alexa
13 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Person Who is Forcing Us to Live in the Age of Trump News. Sad!!
13 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group A Woman's right to choose
15 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Davy's group Cuisine L'Internationale
17 hours ago
Doone commented on Davy's group Cuisine L'Internationale
18 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
21 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
22 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
22 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
22 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This discussion is for all the great links, pdfs, videos, or general bits of information such as studies, reports, news, about moral philosophy, the science of morality, moral instincts, ethics, etc. that we come across, but that we don't think merits its own separate discussion.

Views: 1399

Replies to This Discussion

Adriana, Have you managed to post a reading list?

Not quite, but in the main page of the group there are articles, either in pdf or other links that are sort of like a reading list. Welcome to the group, I'm glad you like this subject!

Good talk on empathy by Simon Baron-Cohen. I don't find him a very engaging speaker but the subject is fascinating and the information great. Too bad he is a bit monotone in his delivery.

Yes, a hell of speaker =)
Even in toddlers, loyalty trumps fairness.

Great video!

Lol, this is good for a laugh.

What a load of bullshit! He is talking from one view point, christian, forgetting all the other religious and non-religious views that exist that don't believe in the christian god. And yet still have a working personal moral code!

A load of bullshit is exactly right.

if we don't understand it, it MUST come from god. I mean, what else could it be?

And it's obvious to him that mono-superstition is superior to poly-superstitions, his particular flavor being the only truth.

I love how he frames everything so he can demolish it on his own terms. And I though masturbating in front of a camera was illegal...

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service