Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and a Country Governed a Lying Duck Brained Moron
9 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and a Country Governed a Lying Duck Brained Moron
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and a Country Governed a Lying Duck Brained Moron
9 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and a Country Governed a Lying Duck Brained Moron
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
11 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
18 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
19 hours ago
Stephen commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
19 hours ago
Doone commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
21 hours ago
Chris commented on Al Wm Johnson's blog post I Know that I Know; that I Know that I Know!
22 hours ago
Chris replied to Lester Unega Waya's discussion Bamboo Steamers in the group Middle Kingdom
23 hours ago
23 hours ago
Chris commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
23 hours ago
23 hours ago
23 hours ago
23 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Stephen Hawking makes it clear: There is no God

If I were a scientist, I'd stick to the Goldman Sachs principle: bet on both sides.

"Believe in science, believe in God" seems to cover all the possibilities and gives you the best chance for a cheery afterlife.

For a time, it was thought that astrophysicist Stephen Hawking had also left a tiny gap in his credo window for a magical deity. However, he has now come out and declared that there is no God.

He gave an interview to Spain's El Mundo in which he expressed his firm belief that el mundo was the work of scientifically explainable phenomena, not of a supreme being.

Hawking said: "Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation."

CNET

Views: 2994

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stephen, Bangers who are better than sausages stay out of hot water by saying they don’t know what preceded their BB.

Those who accept an infinitely hot and infinitely dense origin are not thinking.

Only mathematicians, who imagine their “universes”, have infinities.

Infinities are not available to physicists.

'not thinking' a speciality with some

The Indians claim we are in the fourth or fifth cosmic Yuga. that of the goddess Kali. She's a rippa.

That's a nonsense claim Lutz.

Which Indians - A broadbased statement such as that is without merrit.

Because of light pollution many don't know anything about the milkeyway, or constilations.

Where is the following statement from Lutz?

The Indians claim we are in the fourth or fifth cosmic Yuga. that of the goddess Kali. She's a rippa.

what is? Which Indians? the ones in India. >?/p>

Of coarse not - thought the indigiounous of everyone may know know more than others.

If Stephen Hawking was a cretin, please make me as cretinous 

Stephen, a moment of life in Hawking’s condition will persuade you that you knew not whereof you posted.

Much quality scifi exists; Hawking’s black hole scifi is an unlucky man’s delusion.

really? such as in---?

I am just a civilian.   

Black hole theory isn't entirely Hawkings.  

It may make sense in convoluted physics.

It doesn't really matter though. 

Earth - some call it mother earth is being destryed. 

Teresstrelizing earth should be more important for powerfull brains to concentrate on than terriforming Mars.

because what? you don't agree with him? so don't. stay away from him. Of course one assumes you know so much more

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service