Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
2 minutes ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
8 minutes ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
11 minutes ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
13 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
38 minutes ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
1 hour ago
Stephen left a comment for George
1 hour ago
Stephen left a comment for Garry Graham
1 hour ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
13 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
13 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
13 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
13 hours ago
13 hours ago
15 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
16 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=wRyUWquFHcm4tQXV74XQB...

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain. Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct.

Most governments and countries have fraud laws of some kinds. They generally interfere with religious fraudsters only when physical harm is being done to our gullible citizens yet ignore the monetary theft that the fraudsters fleece from their victims. Prosperity ministries are the most flagrant of these immoral religions, but all religions based on demonstrable lies would be included in this question.

Our governments are quite good at acting against obvious fraudsters yet seem reluctant to protect our more gullible citizens when it comes down to religions.

Religions, to me, get a free pass to lie and steal all they can from victims, especially the older citizens even when governments know about the fraud.

I begin to see the inaction of governments on these religious fraudsters as a dereliction of duty.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Davy

As you can see by that link, I agree with your view of past wisdom as compared to today.

I see the ancients as on their way to a decent ideology before Christianity and Islam became idol worshiping cults.

Here is a Gnostic Christian view of that should you want to know more of the Gnostic Christian free thinking ideology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&lis...

If you believe that the following is a wise saying, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing, --- then I recommend Gnostic Christianity.

A part of our mandate has always been to fight the more evil religions and ways of thinking.

Regards

DL

All religions think all others are wrong and hence evil. As an atheist, I don't like the term evil but I do go one further and think they are all wrong.

Stephen

That is the assumption that Gnosdtid Christians make as well. That is why we allow our religion to evolve by cherry picking from all ideologies.

Regards

DL

Are not all religions fraudulent by nature?  =)

Neal

I do not see the religions that seek knowledge and wisdom as liars. They do not need to lie as what they seek is real.

Buddhism and Gnostic Christianity are likely the best two examples.

Regards

DL

The vast majority of religions make multiple numbers of claims through their holy books which are wholly unsubstantiated and thus may be considered as fraud.  As I have stated elsewhere in this post, they continue to be treated as special cases, mostly because there isn't sufficient social will to "bell the cat."

It will take a considerable shift in the current social dynamic for religion to lose its privileged status, and until that happens, its fraudulence will continue to be foisted on us all.

The 'City of London' and LIBOR was outed as a fraudelent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libor_scandal

The list of bank fraud goes on an on.

How many are needed to know that regulation is required?

Chris

I hear you.

The respect we give unworthy religions is what we must fight.

That Noble Lie must die before the rest of the lying clergy are brought to heel.

Regards

DL

I missed the lead in, which you obviously got. Religion is about power and control.

How much religion is about economic theory?  The sects of the xtian religion seem to have lost the message the alleged Jesus appeared to teach.  The Abrahamic religions seem to be about politics.

How would religion be regulated?

Economic theory and banking has run rampant without regulation or enough control.  

How long should it take before the general public puts control on laze fair/unfettered capitalism/ free market economies, or what ever you choose to call it?

An individuals religious belief shouldn’t be a problem. Religion becomes a problem when it’s a political movement that effects others. Unfortunately religion rolls with that and snowballs.

I wonder if the more the White house (and supporters of the current regime) will lash out angrily {externally as in wars, or conflict with Central and South America)  the longer it is looked at for fraudulent behavior. It’s interesting that the POTUS apparently has misbehaved in what used to be called by the "Moral Majority" character problems.

It should be obvious that none of that matters. The current POTUS can say he grabs, or otherwise is inappropriate with women yet Bill Clinton is impeached for similar behavior.

Religion at it’s base is hypocrisy.

Chris

No argument on your last, --- if I exempt the religions that seek knowledge and wisdom instead of some imaginary supernatural guy in the sky. They put man above God where we belong.

You are correct in that Jesus and his ways of thinking are being ignored by most of us.

Religions are regulated today as can be shown by the new anti-bigamy laws just -passed.

If religions used their law to live by, we would need to destroy those barbaric and inhumane creeds.

No one wants to stone people to death these days or cut off the heads of those who were born gay.

You are correct in that the separation of church and state is a fools myth. My phrasing here.

You are also correct in that the more right wing religions will do the most crying about freedom of religion, yet our two major religions, Christianity and Islam would deny us our freedom of religion if they could kill off decent the way they used to before secular governments put a stop to it.

Here is their latest effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UTdKxCz...

Regards

DL

It would be a mistake to think that Brazilian pentecostalism differs all that much from the U.S. variety.

Eduardo Cunha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduardo_Cunha

Cunha links here:

Operation Car Wash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Car_Wash

I donno much -heard that Brazil is leaning fascist and corruption within the givernment has become out of control.

From my understanding Brazilian corruption and what not has nothing to do with pentecostalism - though I 'm probably incorrect.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service