Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
4 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
4 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
4 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
6 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
6 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Pedro Dinani
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Jake
10 hours ago
May the Big Bang RIP replied to Chris's discussion Democrats and Senate fail with Supreme court nomination
16 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
23 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
23 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
yesterday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
yesterday
Stephen commented on Lauren Ell's group Republican Atheists
yesterday
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
yesterday
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=wRyUWquFHcm4tQXV74XQB...

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain. Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct.

Most governments and countries have fraud laws of some kinds. They generally interfere with religious fraudsters only when physical harm is being done to our gullible citizens yet ignore the monetary theft that the fraudsters fleece from their victims. Prosperity ministries are the most flagrant of these immoral religions, but all religions based on demonstrable lies would be included in this question.

Our governments are quite good at acting against obvious fraudsters yet seem reluctant to protect our more gullible citizens when it comes down to religions.

Religions, to me, get a free pass to lie and steal all they can from victims, especially the older citizens even when governments know about the fraud.

I begin to see the inaction of governments on these religious fraudsters as a dereliction of duty.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Views: 552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thet should but they won't. They should at least 'tax the buggers. 

They should pay taxes, as the rest of us do. Even low income pensioners can't get away without paying taxes.

Mrs.B

I hear you on taxes, but what of the victims being fleeced.

What does the Golden Rule tell you to do for the gullible victims?

Regards

DL

I think if things were more law-abiding along with everyone else, taxation etc., then people would open their eyes some & maybe be a bit less gullible.

Sure, but that is not an answer to my question.

Regards

DL

I don't ''do unto others'' as such, so I don't know what you want here. I keep to myself & mind my own business.

Many do and forget that for evil to grow, all good people need is mind their own business.

Regards
DL

I'm too damn old to get myself involved, & am not a people person at the best of times.

Mrs.B

You may not be a people person, but you have the heart of one and that is the important part.

Regards

DL

Stephen

If we do not demand that our laws be enforced, they will not be for sure.

I agree with your tax views.

Regards

DL

Yes, but religion always seems to somehow get above any laws! First they have to be brought down off that pedestal, & then maybe something could be done.

Mrs.B

I agree and they are in some countries but not in the U.S.

They are slowly fading away but I think it immoral for us to not actively try to speed up their demise.

France seems to be way ahead of most just as they were with the French Revolution.

Regards

DL

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service