Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Anti_Doone's group Canada, Uruguay most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Scumpism News
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Anti_Doone's group Canada, Uruguay most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Scumpism News
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
3 hours ago
Anti_Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
7 hours ago
Anti_Doone commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
9 hours ago
Anti_Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
9 hours ago
Chris's group was featured
10 hours ago
Adriana's group was featured
10 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

'Canadians would be shocked': Survivors, lawyers describe treatment at Nanaimo Indian Hospital

Thousands were sent to be treated for tuberculosis, but many allege they were abused

By Angela Sterritt, Manjula Dufresne , CBC News Posted: Feb 01, 2018 5:00 AM PT Last Updated: Feb 01, 2018 9:31 AM PT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canadians-would-be-s...

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good grief, how awful

Yes, & I am in a city that had a residential catholic school. We have aboriginal people who were in it & remember the horrid treatment they got from nuns, priests, & teachers.

My husband has heard the stories directly from the older ones who still remember when he goes to town for coffee every day.

It's good that they are talking about it. Such a pity that anyone ever thought to treat people like this.

They did a documentary movie called "We Were Children", & I think it can be viewed on youtube.

The treatment of these young people is just awful. But what I would want to find out was why was so many first nation children contracting TB in the first place. It must have been the bad condition of their environment and homes.

I don't know, but I think some of those diagnoses were false......but then there is this......

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/voyageurs-tb-thrives-among-first-...

That would often happen when Europeans came in contact with native peoples, but it was the bad conditions of those people that created the epidemics 

Yes, Europeans brought a lot of stuff that the natives had no resistance to, & much of it was fatal.

Or like it was with our mob. They gave them blankets infected with smallpox. As we had contact with the people the people north of us and we didn't drop off like flies with that contact. 

To purposely spread fatal diseases is beyond cruel.

''Wonderful'' lot.....

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service