Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
4 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
4 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Canada, Most of the World and A County Led by An Orange Proto Orangutan News
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for rose mary
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for nader shahrokhi
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Justin Payne
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Erin F
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Bob
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for aholt
10 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
10 hours ago
Doone commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
13 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
14 hours ago
Chris replied to Chris's discussion DNA Testing in the group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
21 hours ago
Stephen replied to Lauren Ell's discussion The GOP is fine with me: A tale from a Humanist Republican in the group Republican Atheists
21 hours ago
Lauren Ell added a discussion to the group Republican Atheists
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral or Trump
yesterday
Doone commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of the Naked Ape
yesterday
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

'Canadians would be shocked': Survivors, lawyers describe treatment at Nanaimo Indian Hospital

Thousands were sent to be treated for tuberculosis, but many allege they were abused

By Angela Sterritt, Manjula Dufresne , CBC News Posted: Feb 01, 2018 5:00 AM PT Last Updated: Feb 01, 2018 9:31 AM PT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canadians-would-be-s...

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good grief, how awful

Yes, & I am in a city that had a residential catholic school. We have aboriginal people who were in it & remember the horrid treatment they got from nuns, priests, & teachers.

My husband has heard the stories directly from the older ones who still remember when he goes to town for coffee every day.

It's good that they are talking about it. Such a pity that anyone ever thought to treat people like this.

They did a documentary movie called "We Were Children", & I think it can be viewed on youtube.

The treatment of these young people is just awful. But what I would want to find out was why was so many first nation children contracting TB in the first place. It must have been the bad condition of their environment and homes.

I don't know, but I think some of those diagnoses were false......but then there is this......

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/voyageurs-tb-thrives-among-first-...

That would often happen when Europeans came in contact with native peoples, but it was the bad conditions of those people that created the epidemics 

Yes, Europeans brought a lot of stuff that the natives had no resistance to, & much of it was fatal.

Or like it was with our mob. They gave them blankets infected with smallpox. As we had contact with the people the people north of us and we didn't drop off like flies with that contact. 

To purposely spread fatal diseases is beyond cruel.

''Wonderful'' lot.....

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service