Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Imbecile Named Scump News
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Imbecile Named Scump News
"He doesn't give a damn."
4 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Imbecile Named Scump News
"Scump is incompetent  YOU HAD ONE JOB TODAY.  "
4 hours ago
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Matt Baker creates helpful visual guides that condense thousands, of years of history. His poster…"
7 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group World History before that Idiot Took Power
"The actual worst year in history was 536 CE and not…"
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Imbecile Named Scump News
"There is the potential now for Scump to kill up to 10 million in the USA with the Scump…"
8 hours ago
"Hahahahah"
19 hours ago
"Well done typo."
19 hours ago
"Figuring people out is a lost cause."
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Imbecile Named Scump News
"If I were to live a thousand years I truly wouldn't understand why people vote against their…"
21 hours ago
"Not to mention younger."
21 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Imbecile Named Scump News
"I wouldn't count our chickens just yet. I have this nagging doubt that Biden could screw…"
21 hours ago
"There was a man? named Scump, He gave the world a giant dump, The smell was so bad,  It made…"
21 hours ago
"Well Neal said before the 2016 election that scump would NEVER get elected, & look where you…"
22 hours ago
"The odds are against Scump  The Economist predicts Dem landslide, swung by Dems taking back…"
22 hours ago
"It's just the usual..... the US wants, what the US wants, when the US wants it. They've…"
23 hours ago
"There's no such thing as bipartisan politics in the US. And until the Scump government gets a…"
23 hours ago
"What part of we don't want you here don't you…"
yesterday
"A Map of Canada and the rest of Earth - true size of countries "
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"So cute."
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Pro-life Radicals Lying and Decieving Congress! Shame! Shame! Shame!

This article on secuarnewsdaily.com had me angry and appalled, but not necessarily surprised in anyway. Afterall, the religious right has been known to use all kinds of immoral, deceptive, and down-right evil practices to force their will on others. This time they successfully deadlocked congress over the issue of "providing funds to Planned Parenthood" by lying about Planned Parenthood and using all too familiar scare tactics.

Pro Lie?- Article

They KNOW they're lying too. Senator Kyl [R, AZ] stated that "90% of the activity Planned Parenthood does is abortions." [It's actually the other way around... at least 90% of their activity is related to safe-sex information, contraception provision, women's gynological health exams, and other such non-abortion things] It became blantantly obvious that this wasn't a mistake but a lie, because when confronted with his incorrect statement he said "it was not intended to be a factual statement." Yeah? Well then why the hell did you say it? In front of congress none the less!

A note to Pro-life atheists and secularists... KNOW THE CROWD YOU'RE IN WITH! Make no mistake... this fiasco was NOT about abortion at all! It was an effort to further restrict access to birth control and sexual health information.

Shame on ALL of those so-called "pro-lifers" that participated in slandering Planned Parenthood! or maybe they should be called "anti-sex, pro-lyers, no-choicers!"

Shame!

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Somebody posted it already on our site, a few days ago.

From ABL today

The Colbert Report on Fox & Friends’s “Pap Smears at Walgreens”...

What is WRONG with these people?

The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Pap Smears at Walgreens
www.colbertnation.com

Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor & Satire Blog Video Archive

Here’s more from Media Matters:
Neither Walgreens, nor its in-store healthcare clinics, Take Care C...

The clinics, which are a subsidiary of Walgreens, offer health services like flu vaccines and blood pressure screening at 350 Walgreens stores.

Fox & Friends’ false claim about pap smears is the latest in a series of attempts by conservatives to dismiss the importance of Planned Parenthood for women’s health services. As Steve Benen noted, “Republicans, like their cable news network, would like the public to believe the preventative health services provided by Planned Parenthood aren’t especially necessary or worthy of funding, since they’re readily available everywhere—as if every block in America has a Starbucks, an ATM, and screenings for cervical cancer. Except, that’s ridiculous, Fox News lying about it, ironically, only helps underscore the value of Planned Parenthood clinics.”

Do these morons know what a vagina is? What a uterus it is?  Maybe they really don’t know what goes on down there, and that’s why they are so afraid to say the word “uterus” or even thin....  Maybe they simply don’t know what it takes to maintain them (and I’m not talking waxing and vagazzling— either.)

I think we need to call for a “National Introduce Your Vagina to a Republican Day.”  Maybe then these idiots will stop viewing vaginas as caves of wonderment and give them the damn respect they deserve.

Read the rest of this post »
Keep Your Boehner Out of My Uterus
Halloween 2011!!!  Should win "Best Costume" prize!
lmao
I want to participate in "National Introduce Your Vagina to a Republican Day!" ^_^ When can we start? I could get some pics from my "Psychology of Human Sexuality" textbook that display the different and interesting shapes of vaginas. I'll blow them up and put them on a posterboard that says "If God made it... Why not Celebrate it?" lol
lol. that almost makes me consider pretending to be a republican for a day! lol. (almost!)
Bacterial Vaginosis is a bacterial infection that can happen with or without sex and is only treatable with a prescription for the proper antibiotics. For the millions of women without healthcare who suffer from this condition... well... under the repubs wishes, they would just have to deal with never ending pain, discomfort, and itching.

Yes this really bugs me too..

Shame! shame! shame!

Shame on radicals!

Great post, Skycomet.  It is disheartening how many ppl ARE falling for this crapola, though....

Here is an excellent opinion article by Gail Collins, she is right on the money as usual, and on top of that funny.

Below I post some excerpts:

Behind the Abortion War

Part of the price of keeping the government operating this week is another debate over the financing of Planned Parenthood. Whoopee.
Earl Wilson/The New York Times

Gail Collins

At least it’ll give us a chance to reminisce about Senator Jon Kyl, who gave that speech against federal support for Planned Parenthood last week that was noted for: A) its wild inaccuracy; and B) his staff’s explanation that the remarks were “not intended to be a factual statement.”

This is the most memorable statement to come out of politics since Newt Gingrich told the world that he was driven to commit serial adultery by excessive patriotism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is important because it speaks to a disconnect in the entire debate we’ve been having about women and reproduction. For eons now, people have been wondering why the two sides can’t just join hands and agree to work together to reduce the number of abortions by expanding the availability of family-planning services and contraception.

The answer is that a large part of the anti-abortion community is also anti-contraception.

“The fact is that 95 percent of the contraceptives on the market kill the baby in the womb,” said Jim Sedlak of the American Life League.

“Fertility and babies are not diseases,” said Jeanne Monahan of the Family Research Council’s Center for Human Dignity, which has been fighting against requiring insurance plans to cover contraceptives under the new health care law.

Many anti-abortion activists believe that human life and, therefore, pregnancy begin when the human egg is fertilized and that standard birth control pills cause abortions by keeping the fertilized egg from implanting in the womb. This isn’t the general theory on either count. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists defines pregnancy as beginning with the fertilized egg’s implantation. Dr. Vanessa Cullins of Planned Parenthood says that the pills inhibit the production of eggs or stop the sperm before they reach their destination. “There is absolutely no direct evidence that there is interference with implantation,” she said.

Beyond the science, there’s the fact that many social conservatives are simply opposed to giving women the ability to have sex without the possibility of procreation.

“Contraception helps reduce one’s sexual partner to just a sexual object since it renders sexual intercourse to be without any real commitments,” says Janet Smith, the author of “Contraception: Why Not.”

The reason this never comes up in the debates about reproductive rights in Washington is that it has no popular appeal. Abortion is controversial. Contraception isn’t. A new report by the Guttmacher Institute found that even women who are faithful Catholics or evangelicals are likely to rely on the pill, I.U.D.’s or sterilization to avoid pregnancy. Rachel Jones, a lead author of the report, said the researchers found “no indication whatsoever” that religious affiliation has any serious effect on contraception use.

What we have here is a wide-ranging attack on women’s right to control their reproductive lives that the women themselves would strongly object to if it was stated clearly. So the attempt to end federal financing for Planned Parenthood, which uses the money for contraceptive services but not abortion, is portrayed as an anti-abortion crusade. It makes sense, as long as you lay off the factual statements. 

"the statement was not meant to be factual." Ah! Now I get it! :@

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service