Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
11 minutes ago
Stephen commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
16 minutes ago
Stephen commented on theRealDoone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and a Boy Named Scump News
20 minutes ago
Stephen replied to D L's discussion Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
22 minutes ago
D L posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Chris replied to theRealDoone's discussion How Not to Think About Scrotum's in the group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
13 hours ago
Mrs.B updated their profile
14 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
16 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group The Family Tree of the Naked Ape
16 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for David Aarons
17 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck posted a discussion
17 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
22 hours ago
Chris left a comment for hussamabd
yesterday
Chris commented on Stephen's group A Woman's right to choose
yesterday
Chris commented on Stephen's group A Woman's right to choose
yesterday
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Jorge
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Diaa Taha
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone asked these women if they see themselves and their lives as controlled?

The observant Catholics I know seem to not think of themselves as enslaved

If someone didn't  like Warren Jeffs  there was always David Koresh, Jim Jones, Rajneeshpurum, or Moonie Unification church 

No, they think its gawdz will, & the 'proper' way to live.

Perhaps it isn't controlling men, or controlled women, but a religious disease. 

I used to think as a Muslim that polyogamy is cool,maybe there is a reason why this is bad,thanks ,never though of it this way

We all learn to modify our opinions with reading & the opinions of others, Clayton.

What I think is never written in stone, & I am forever changing my mind about things as I learn.

Clayton,

It doesn't have anything to do with being Muslim.  

Having several wives, concubines, or flings while traveling may be kind of fun- the problem lies with uncared for children - In the western world there are women I met who have five children from five different fathers. 

Is the woman derelict, or is the man?

I'd argue that it has to do with birth control restrictions which is a form of control. 

Since men have more control of politics, and policies I'd say they are derelict.

In the local newspaper there is glee for a grandmother who has 40 grandchildren.

A guy I worked with who had ~7 children before age 30 years old - said the children his wife had weren't his - they were gods children. 

Having sex and being fertile isn't difficult. 

Why do some people think having babies is an amazing thing?

"We are pregnant"  has to be one of the creepiest things I ever heard.  The man isn't pregnant. The woman is. 

A man who says that should be castrated.

Sorry for the rant.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service