Feedback and Notes

No Gods or Scumps Allowed

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Racist, Misogynistic, Dishonest, Self-Obsessed, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Bullying, Petulant, Arrogant, Incompetent, Spiteful, Unhinged Moron, Impeached, Cockwomble News
"Our modern railway system stops working in the autumn when they say leaves are on the line making…"
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Racist, Misogynistic, Dishonest, Self-Obsessed, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Bullying, Petulant, Arrogant, Incompetent, Spiteful, Unhinged Moron, Impeached, Cockwomble News
"The rich nations should be finding ways of destroying these toxic plastic waste."
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Racist, Misogynistic, Dishonest, Self-Obsessed, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Bullying, Petulant, Arrogant, Incompetent, Spiteful, Unhinged Moron, Impeached, Cockwomble News
"We got a lot of our waste returned too. I'm ashamed."
3 hours ago
"Trump impeachment: What's Ukraine got to do with it? - BBC News"
4 hours ago
"I wouldn't exactly see Malaysia as the poster boy of Greenpeace but in this case that are…"
4 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Servitude seizes on few, but many seize on servitude. – Seneca. Seneca could almost be…"
7 hours ago
"Nice one Davy. I like this General Maximilien Sébastien Foy. He said it much better…"
7 hours ago
Davy commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please! Looking better in 2020!
"I picked up a good book titled the The mythology of the Aryan nations a very interesting read…"
8 hours ago
Davy commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"General Maximilien Sébastien Foy ( 1775 – 1825) had a crack at the aristocracy back in…"
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Racist, Misogynistic, Dishonest, Self-Obsessed, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Bullying, Petulant, Arrogant, Incompetent, Spiteful, Unhinged Moron, Impeached, Cockwomble News
"Someone should tell Scump that Scotland is actually a large country Today I learned that the…"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"It is."
22 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group World History before that Racist, Misogynistic, Dishonest, Self-Obsessed, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Bullying, Petulant, Arrogant, Incompetent, Spiteful, Unhinged Moron Cockwomble Took Power
"The real Peter the Wild Boy I had heard of wild Peter before."
22 hours ago
"You felt ridiculous because it is ridiculous. Calling people your majesty and your highness in the…"
22 hours ago
"I remember in my young school days, dancing the Maypole for the annual May Day celebrations, &…"
23 hours ago
"I hope you are right Mrs B but I have my doubts. Besides the majority of the British people are…"
23 hours ago
"I do think they are making changes, & that's a positive, & who knows how far it will…"
yesterday
yesterday
"I hardly think they gave up much. The Duchy of Lancaster will still be supporting them to the tune…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Racist, Misogynistic, Dishonest, Self-Obsessed, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Bullying, Petulant, Arrogant, Incompetent, Spiteful, Unhinged Moron, Impeached, Cockwomble News
"Hmmmmm....are ya sure it's parody? "
yesterday
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Racist, Misogynistic, Dishonest, Self-Obsessed, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Bullying, Petulant, Arrogant, Incompetent, Spiteful, Unhinged Moron, Impeached, Cockwomble News
"Not so Serious Scump Parody Twitter Account On the way to Texas! BEFORE I was president, when…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 10133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Baphomet?

Baphomet?

Non capisco

I live here and so do you.  The universe is awesome, the God of the Bible is not awesome

Awesome poster!! - http://geni.us/QeMM -AmazonAfflink

For anyone who wonder what is written in bottom-left corner, here is:

“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

Why did you even bother?

I've heard that story before, and I can tell you what is irrefutable the story is utterly stupid beyond belief.

Proof?  I think the 4 Gospels were written after the death of Jesus.  They are history (of sorts) and not predictions.  All of the others are normal life in that period of time.  A donkey?  Really? Someone using a Donkey is proof positive that God exists - yeah, right.

(1) The Messiah will be born in Bethlehem. (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-6)
(2) The Messiah will be a descendant of Jacob. (Numbers 24:17; Matthew 1:2)
(3) The Messiah will enter Jerusalem as a king riding on a donkey. (Zechariah 9:9; Mark 11:4-11)
(4) The Messiah will be betrayed by a friend. (Psalm 41:9; Luke 22:47,48)
(5) The Messiah's betrayal money will be used to purchase a potter's field. (Zechariah 11:13; Matthew 27:9,10)
(6) The Messiah will be spat upon and struck. (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 26:67)
(7) The Messiah's hands and feet will be pierced. (Psalm 22:16; John 20:25-27)
(8) Soldiers will gamble for the Messiah's garments. (Psalm 22:18; Luke 23:34)

Learn from Jesus to #humiliate yourself in the sight of the world.. He fled when the crowds wanted to make Him King..He told those He healed to say nothing to anyone..He entered into festive Jerusalem on a donkey, He washed the feet of His disciples.(MsgT) #Friday #SacredHeart

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service