Feedback and Notes

Due to Ning (our Web hosting company) being bought recently from the ashes of Mode Media we often experience 500 connection errors. Our apologies but these errors are out of our control. Hopefully, this will improve as the new company gains experience. Regards, AU

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 9050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As it comes to that:

• My wife and I recently attended a performance of "All the Way," a play about Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  It was EXCELLENT.  Oh, and should I mention that Cleveland, Ohio has the second largest theater district outside of NYC?  Ticket prices aren't too bad, either!
  • Last night I went to a demo of some new Paradigm speakers.  The audio shop which hosted the event had a considerable spread, which included a bottle of 18-year-old Glenmorangie!  Oh, that stuff was SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!

You lucky guy I bet it was smooth. When I go to these things they just you insipid white wine yuk. 

A friend of mine's great grandfather used to own a liquor store. We drank some burbon that was probably over 100 years old.  Great stuff - smooth.

This may be a  long lost discussion

New members should tell themselves about how and why they want to contribute to Atheist Universe.

Why do you say that, Chris?
New members first want something from whatever group they join. If they get enough they will stay long enough to contribute.

Answer for yourself, are you getting from AU what you want? If you aren't getting enough, you will burn out.
I burned out once, way back in the 1953-1954 school year. It was so awful that I spent a couple oy years learning how to not let it happen again.
I succeeded, and since then I often ask if I'm getting enough of what I want.

For the most part I get camaraderie from A/U. I enjoy the discussions and other peoples opinions. Social media groups such as this allows friendly debate and interaction.

FaceBook and other social does media does the same. I like this group because it presents a world view and diversity of opinion without mean-ness.

Way back in the early days of the internet - before the World Wide Web I made some good friends through internet access who I continue to maintain contact with.

"...and since then I often ask if I'm getting enough of what I want."

Chris, have you asked often? If so, what reply/replies do you get?

Hi Tom,

Sometimes you have to let the discussion ride to get to know others.

Chris

Chris, I'm a curious guy. I ask about my relationships. I want to know if they are doing for me what I want them to do.

If they are, I contribute to them and do not remain a new member.

If they are not doing what I want them to do I try to change them. If I'm unable to change them I end them and look for other relationships.

Being curious, I asked if you ask about your relationships. I hope they are doing for you what you want them to do.

I'm shy, and because of my vestibular disorder I don't travel much. I can drive, but don't like to.

Most of my friends are long time twenty-thirty years or longer. We mostly communicate on the telephone because they don't live by me. I've moved a lot so don't have many friends from school as I suppose many people do.

I don't know what it would be like to live in the same neighborhood one grew up in. People who grew up, went to school with and worked with childhood friends are probably more secure in their relationships.

What I find interesting is that people I've befriended occationally call me and even though we haven't spoken to each other for years our telephone converstation is like we've always spoken. It's interesting when old friends drop by that I haven't seen, or heard from for a long time.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service