Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Stephen left a comment for tony dennis
54 minutes ago
Stephen left a comment for liz murad
54 minutes ago
Stephen left a comment for Henry Woeltjen
55 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
55 minutes ago
Stephen left a comment for Giuliano Contarino
55 minutes ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
10 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Julien's group The Music Box
14 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen posted a status
14 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
15 hours ago
Chris commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
16 hours ago
Chris commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
16 hours ago
16 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
17 hours ago
18 hours ago
18 hours ago
18 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 9798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ALL

Born and raised in Texas.  Resisted heavy and militant indoctrination my entire life.  Even as a child the problem of theodicy gave me doubts as well as having apeirophobia.  I don't know a single self-proclaimed atheist in person and I'm looking forward to meeting some!

True Atheists are out there - by that I mean people who weren't raised with religious beliefs or dogma.

Ok,

Lets talk!

Neat word Fear of eternity.

Fear of  meeting an atheist may be more important for your wellbeing.

If I may - my mother said she didn't think there were such things as atheists.

After she read the Atheist Disousuon by Richard Dawkins sh changed her opinion.

Can you?

My mother was off her head. This was a great learning curve to handle abnormal psychology in action. She could be and was an Lutheran then an atheist then a communist and then a catholic. Depending late on the day and the mood. And if you -meaning me- got it wrong- then kapow, holy batman --- one got de-constructed. it was fun. except she was serious. people are often in flux. nor do people have a single personality - more like a constellation - like electrons at various energy levels. Except the obdurate. And that means the religiously minded. How they cling so desperately so tenaciously so persistently to in-sanity. Many humans are simply weird. Some sci fi writer once reckoned: looking for aliens? They are here! They are humans.

If I may interject.

People can take psychological and personality tests  at different times in there lifes, or even on different days which will result in different results. 

Personality tests are parlor games for most people - of course there are extreemes.

Hi There,

I am a new (returning) member.  I was here before but not very active.  In the past, I was a  very long term and active member ( since 2008) of another nontheist social media site, but it became no longer appropriate for me.  What I most hope for is some conversation, not too intense, on various topics, and maybe find people with common interests to share thoughts, experiences, stories, and where I can feel comfortable as a nontheist, a critical thinker, someone who is different from the mainstream.

Here is a little about me.

I grew up in a small Illinois town, a member of a Fundamentalist Baptist, John Bircher community.

Im a proud USArmy veteran, having served from 1974 to 1977, noncombat, medic.

i have degrees and am retired from careers in science and health care.

The things I love most doing are gardening, baking, making fermented  foods, reading, science, history, gardening, and gardening.

I live in a semi-rural community near Portland, OR although I am in WA State.

Here is part of my garden now, today

And here is another view

In my garden, I grow vegetables, fruits, flowers, and trees.  We also raise ducks and chickens for their eggs.  I am vegetarian, so no meat for me.

I am a 5 1/2 year survivor with gastric sarcoma, a cancer that affects about 6 out of a million people. I take a high-tech medication for that, life-long, which is not easy but I  grateful every day for getting to enjoy the things I like in life, and contribute.  Because of this cancer and its treatment, I had to retire early.

I deliver meals for Meals on Wheels, to elderly people who cant cook for themselves.  I also volunteer as a staff member of an LGBT HIV, Sexual health, and social services group.

My friend Rufus is almost a year old, in April.    He is the one below, with dark hair:

My philosophy in life is, do the best I can, nobody's perfect, be kind to others and require kindness in return. Mostly I'm fairly laid back. Sometimes I get my feathers ruffled and say something I otherwise wouldn't, but mostly I avoid getting too worked up. Life is too short for that.

Thanks for having what looks like a nice website.

Glad to see you back. Its very quiet here, but comfortable. Love Rufus.

snow - love this stuff--where I live it barely is non existent - like me

so hello -- don't hold back to let it rip whatever takes your fancy

new ideas are always better than regurgitating the past

Lutz

Don't love it too much Lutz, consider climate change.

snow - a sign winter is not summer - yet. I am aware of this. got no car for starters. no air con either. no kids no consumers to stuff up the planet. and living in this place that gets hotter every summer into the +40s C beating records like no other - the locals still carry on like always do nothing then blame the government. so yes: it is important.

Lutz,

Check this web site out.

https://earth.nullschool.net/

Click on "earth" on the lower left hand side to view other weather measurements.  I'm told it's updated every 15 minutes. A neat thing is the globe is rotatable and zoomable into different areas.

I used to work with electricity at hydroelectic dam.  There was a fiftyith aniversery celebration where I suggested putting flourescent tubes in the sand under the high voltage lines.

They would glow in the dark.

I also knew some falconeers and suggested they hire them to keep the seaguls from eating the fingerlings that were dizzy after going though the spillway.

I refused to attend the aniversity celibration because there was an opening and closing (prayer) commencement cerimony. They had no imiganiation.

Putting the flourescent tubes in and using falconeers to keep the seagulls away rather than propane cannons would have been easy.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service