Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Doone commented on Doone's group Canada, Mexico, Most of the World and a Clown Lead Country News
5 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Lori Daubenspeck
12 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Kelin Kreider
12 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
12 hours ago
Stephen commented on Skycomet the Fallen Angel's group Evolution Defenders
13 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral or Super Hero
19 hours ago
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
20 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
21 hours ago
Stephen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
22 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday
Doone commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and all those lucky places that doesnt have Trumps as its leader
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Jordan Hill
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for D L Dingman
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for CA
yesterday
Stephen commented on Skycomet the Fallen Angel's group Evolution Defenders
yesterday
Doone commented on Skycomet the Fallen Angel's group Evolution Defenders
yesterday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion Or Pay No Attention to a Praying Mantis/Man
yesterday
Suzanna commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral or Super Hero
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 9421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Loren I have expensive tastes as well and single malt whisky now and then is good for the soul. If I had one. Before my illness I used to go to the theatre regularly but that gets harder now. Prices in the west end are terrible.  

As it comes to that:

• My wife and I recently attended a performance of "All the Way," a play about Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  It was EXCELLENT.  Oh, and should I mention that Cleveland, Ohio has the second largest theater district outside of NYC?  Ticket prices aren't too bad, either!
  • Last night I went to a demo of some new Paradigm speakers.  The audio shop which hosted the event had a considerable spread, which included a bottle of 18-year-old Glenmorangie!  Oh, that stuff was SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!

You lucky guy I bet it was smooth. When I go to these things they just you insipid white wine yuk. 

This may be a  long lost discussion

New members should tell themselves about how and why they want to contribute to Atheist Universe.

Why do you say that, Chris?
New members first want something from whatever group they join. If they get enough they will stay long enough to contribute.

Answer for yourself, are you getting from AU what you want? If you aren't getting enough, you will burn out.
I burned out once, way back in the 1953-1954 school year. It was so awful that I spent a couple oy years learning how to not let it happen again.
I succeeded, and since then I often ask if I'm getting enough of what I want.

For the most part I get camaraderie from A/U. I enjoy the discussions and other peoples opinions. Social media groups such as this allows friendly debate and interaction.

FaceBook and other social does media does the same. I like this group because it presents a world view and diversity of opinion without mean-ness.

Way back in the early days of the internet - before the World Wide Web I made some good friends through internet access who I continue to maintain contact with.

"...and since then I often ask if I'm getting enough of what I want."

Chris, have you asked often? If so, what reply/replies do you get?

Hi Tom,

Sometimes you have to let the discussion ride to get to know others.

Chris

Chris, I'm a curious guy. I ask about my relationships. I want to know if they are doing for me what I want them to do.

If they are, I contribute to them and do not remain a new member.

If they are not doing what I want them to do I try to change them. If I'm unable to change them I end them and look for other relationships.

Being curious, I asked if you ask about your relationships. I hope they are doing for you what you want them to do.

Hi,I'm Tierra Roche Hawkins,born in September 29,1994,agnostic atheist,became an agnostic atheist in 2014 or 2015 after reading a book that made me realized of how stupid religions are.It was basically a satanic book but when he said that man made god,it all started to make sense to me now.An exwiccan.Became initiated as a wiccan at age 18,at age 18 I was planing to be inititated into a Satanist,but thank god I became an agnostic atheist.Becoming a nonbeilver was the most best thing that ever happened to me in my life,I am so glad I'm not caught up in that stuff.Its a waste of money,a waste of time and causes nothing but problems.Now I feel free.I'm pansexual,panromantic,a rainbow junkie goth,lolita,punk,grunge,adult emo,pastel goth.My mom is of French and African American,my dad is of Puerto Rican.Born in Houston, Texas,raised in Mississippi and Mesquite Texas.Also lost my Google and Facebook account just recently,all my photos and stuff are gone,sadly.Its been very stressful.

Good to meet you!

Stressful everywhere, methinks! Wildfires/evacuations here all summer & still going on.

So sorry to hear that you lost you Google and Facebook accounts losing all your Docs and photos is just awful. Thanks for the friending and good luck for the future.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service