Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
28 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
30 minutes ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
31 minutes ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
1 hour ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
1 hour ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
2 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
Lester Unega Waya commented on Lester Unega Waya's video
7 hours ago
Chris commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
11 hours ago
Chris commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Have the rich and powerful lost their altruistic instincts?

Have the rich and powerful lost their altruistic instincts?

Humans are the most altruistic and good of all the animal species, yet at present, our rich and powerful allow the poorest of us to starve to death by hoarding their wealth. This is unheard of in the animal world.

https://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong...

Generally speaking, in ancient days the rich and powerful insured that the poor were taken care of to the best of their ability. In the past, the rank and file demanded that the rich and powerful live up to that good altruistic trait by revolting against them. The French Revolution is a good example of this. Have the rank and file lost their altruistic and good characters by allowing the rich and powerful to let people starve to death while doing nothing?

Are the notions of liberty, equality, and fraternity dead in the world?

Is mankind at the point of losing the altruistic instincts that has made us the greatest animal that the world has ever produced?

Regards

DL

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm kind of curious what  you Canadians are doing with the Tar Sands and the choke hole you have over pipelines in the U.S..

In my opinion if you want to extract dirty coal and not explore carbon neutral resources. - let me know..

It of course is just greed and sociopaths.

Greed and sociopathy is a worldwide phenomenon but the US is its epicentre with its acolytes in the financial centre of the City of London 

Wall Street and the City of London may top the charts of sociopaths,

backing up corrupt politicians, bureaucrats  provocateurs  and  If I may people who nonsensically put Christmas lights up.

I may get tired of  people who  want Armageddon to come.

Kind of funny that anyone ever thought sociopaths who acquired wealth  ever had altruism.

One who looks at kiddie movies  with  princes and princesses would be funny if it wasn't so disturbing.

There is a basic flaw in that - it comes  out in the winter and christmas time.

Go purchase a diamond or a carbon based car that gets what? 12 miles per gallon to prove your wealth?

I see neighbors who have 'christmas' lights on. 

Id like to dump the carbon on them.

Chris

"I'm kind of curious what  you Canadians are doing with the Tar Sands"

We have the one out of 13 territories and provinces that we see as our oil producing base even though there are smaller deposits scattered about, that rely on oil income to sustain their standard of living. The others look for other sources of income including non-polluting technologies.

Sure we could do better, but the costs are way too high when the larger players are not keeping a level playing field with us.

To have us be importers instead of exporters would hurt us quite a bit. The fact that it is taking us so long to build the pipelines show that we are trying hard to balance the issues that concern you.

I admit though that I am not as well versed on the full impact of the tar sands other than knowing that we are keeping pollution as low as we can with the technology at hand.

Regards

DL

Chris

"Go purchase a diamond or a carbon based car that gets what? 12 miles per gallon to prove your wealth?"

Ever watch the documentary Cowspiracy. It is an eye opener on the cow issue that the environmentalists stay away from even though our beef consumption produces more greenhouse gases and pollution than all the cars in the world put together.

That target might be a better one for you to focus on.

Thanks for that link above. Interesting.

Regards

DL

I had a ? 1985 Honda Civic with a fuel efficiency of ~42 mpg.

Expecting more mpg's than that shouldn't be hard to expect.

Chris

The better the mileage, the more the pollution, in most cases.

We can either save gas and pollute more, or use some of the power and mileage we lose to curb pollution and reduce our carbon footprint.

Regards

DL

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service