Feedback and Notes

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Tue, 9 May 2017 17:53:31 EDT
U.S. President Donald Trump says FBI Director James Comey's firing "will mark a new beginning" for the FBI. The White House says the search for a replacement will begin immediately.

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So much for clearing the swamp, as Trump said he would. The man is mired in the filth of corruption. I wonder if the new director will continue the investigation into Trumps link with the Russians.

I cant believe how greedy and self serving this man is.

We wondered if the truth was getting too hot.

What did Comey do apart from helping him to the presidency

Hopefully, Impeachment of DJT will come soon ...

doone I agree impeachment would be wonderful but it would also create resentment amongst Trumps supporters. I'm beginning to think it would be better to sit out Trumps full term and let him hang himself with all the inane and crass decisions he would inevitably make.  

He seems to be ruining the US faster than lightning, so who knows what's the best alternative.

Donald Trump’s controversial sacking of James Comey may have been caused in part by the FBI director calling the US President “crazy”.

According to the New York Times, Comey had been taken aback by Trump’s Twitter claims that then-President Barack Obama had been wire-tapping Trump Tower during the US election.

Comey may have unwittingly put a nail in his coffin as FBI director when he apparently told associates that Trump’s claims were “outside the realm of normal”, and “crazy”.

Trump responded angrily to Comey’s public dismissal of his claims, and began to talk then of firing him.

Other factors in this decision, apart their obvious personality clash, include the FBI investigation into alleged Russian interference in the US election, as well as Comey’s refusal to furnish Trump’s team with a copy of his planned testimony to a Senate panel last week.

I'd imagine there is plenty we haven't heard, & likely never will.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service