Feedback and Notes

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and President Cockroach News
1 hour ago
Mrs.B joined Doone's group
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
3 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral
4 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Pedro Dinani
10 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion - How Canada Helps Atheism
10 hours ago
Stephen commented on Julien's group The Music Box
23 hours ago
23 hours ago
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group 99.9999999865% of the World and President Cockroach News
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion - How Canada Helps Atheism
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Faiths for People Who Haven't Kicked the Faith Habit

Nationalism is one such faith. It lacks religion's supernatural paraphernalia but its leaders want their followers' money and even their lives.

Others?

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We need to stop revering money for one thing.

Mrs.B, the only way I know to stop revering money is to have more of it than I need. I can seriously disrespect it then.

There is another way, when all people have enough to live and nobody is exploited by others.

Don't hold your breath waiting for those, Stephen.

I wont hold my breath Tom. But ill continue fighting for a more equal society 

Mrs B 

What people are revering these day is an abstraction whose value is also based on abstractions and it is called fiat currency. 

Davy, what do you suggest in place of fiat currency? What different effects will it produce?

Basic healthy foods, clean water, basic shelter, & medical care/prescriptions, should not involve money. Anything beyond that, sure, pay for it.

Mrs.B, who will provide the food, the clean water, the basic shelter & medical care/prescriptions, and bring it to us from where it is?

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"

Everyone.

Nationalism is created around the ideology of being better or superior while it can boost ego for a little while and so-called ''spirit'' and people might work forward the progress, but then its downfall, as they don't have enough young people and the immigration into their country isn't big enough. 

Yes, it's also always about leaders and involving money, as the people want to gain more wealth and they think that from it's their lives would change for better, at first it might be but then it's massive downfall too.

- It's similar with communism

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service