Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
9 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for aholt
10 hours ago
Daniel W commented on Stephen's blog post No Title
11 hours ago
Stephen posted a blog post
19 hours ago
Stephen posted a photo
19 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Daniel Mckeever
20 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Crawford van schalkwyk
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Neal's photo
20 hours ago
Neal posted a photo
22 hours ago
Stephen commented on Chris's group Right Wing Whackos
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
yesterday
Onyango Makagutu commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
yesterday
Daniel W commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
yesterday
Davy commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
Wednesday
Davy commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
Wednesday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
Wednesday
Daniel W commented on Stephen's blog post All the best Mrs. B with your hip operation
Wednesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Is it possible for children brought up in a religious upbringing to move beyond?

Ones I've seen arent able to. They always seem to carry the baggage.

Views: 314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, by the way...My Dear wife...was Martian.  They are here and they are ethically, morally far superior to us in every way.  !  Joey

We are technical giants, and ethical Infants....Humanity has become a scourge!  Joey

In your posting of Basic Training, at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, may I just say....Can you send me there for R and R, a vacation perhaps.  I went to combat Infantry Training at Fort Polk, Louisiana...it was called "Tiger Land".

I've been through "Beast Barracks" at West Point.  The first words out of my mouth in response to the question, "What is the spirit of the bayonet?" Is, "To KILL!!" and then we lunge our bayonets into a dummy.) We were expected to do this sometimes, ten hours a day.  Boy Howdy, this looks like a picnic!!!! :-)  Thank-You Chris...I get the picture.  Joey.

Joey I don't now about about FiortPolk.

For that matter I don't know much about, what I would call my relligion which is Democracy.

I personally despise, as did the Founding Fathers, Democracy...which amounts to the Dictatorship of 51 % of the people over 49% of the people.  I'll go with the Founding Fathers and elect for Liberty.  There IS a difference.  If you have read Noam Chomsky from M.I.T., then you woud know that the concept of "Democracy" is a ploy of the Political, Economic and Religious elite, to keep you a slave, a wage slave that they can extract from you, at any time, the money they desire.  Now that is Power.  Noam Chomsky wrote, "The Manufacturing of consent"  This is, of course what the media does, as it is in an economic bed with Religion, Government and Corporations.... they all have Earned Death.

Joey

Read the "Constitution For the United States of America"  no mention of Democracy anywhere, only "Liberty"  I Like Liberty!

Words may and often cut sharper than a bayonet.

I don't know much. 

Interesting thoughts I've read.

Without fools there would be no wisdom.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Funnier:

No matter how far you urinate, the last
drop always falls at your feet’’

Kind of funny.

Undress - you are now mine.

If I may I've seen even in grunts capable people.

Sorry - I'd like to see people able to move on to college.

That may be another subject.

Well, I have four College/University Degrees!  How do like those potatoes. Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics, oh yes and Physics....really like that!  What do you study?

Joey

I donno much.

God Damittit.  Foster kids interactacting with drill seargents can be interesting.

Unfortunately foster kids are often tossed into the military without family support.

Kind of funny - when my dad  'joined' the Airforce about the time of the Korean war - his monther sent him some cookies.  The drrill seargent messed with him and makde him eat all of them - to the point of becoming ill.

Another thing my father said was that during boot camp that black people had to polish their boots.  He said the boots provided to the black airmen had the hide, rather than the finished side out.  He said he helped  used ligher fluid and razors to polish the boots.

I donno know much.

It's a waste of time, in respect to our current and traditional way of thinking.  But it is not a waste of time if we ever grow up and become civilized.

Joey

Great 11 Boo and 95 Bravo.

Great you weren't stationed in Vietnam -  You are intellegent so didn't have to slog.

Chris

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service