Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Joey Daniel Smith and Chris are now friends
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
6 hours ago
Stephen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
6 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
8 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country ruled by a Cockroach Rider News
8 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Prankster.p7 prrr
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Chrissy Mein
10 hours ago
Suzanna commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
11 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
14 hours ago
Stephen commented on Nofaithpoet's group Poetry Of The Mind
14 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
15 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Have the rich and powerful lost their altruistic instincts?
15 hours ago
D L replied to D L's discussion Have the rich and powerful lost their altruistic instincts?
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
16 hours ago
Stephen commented on Lutz's status
19 hours ago
Lutz posted a status
"The Festive Season is here. I have bought myself a whole heap of books and dvds. And most have arrived. I don't watch TV because I aint got"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Is it possible for children brought up in a religious upbringing to move beyond?

Ones I've seen arent able to. They always seem to carry the baggage.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joey,

It's unfortunate that the general population dooesn't understand how difficult the work you did is. I understand it's epecially difficult when politicians raise conflict and start wars for political reasons rather than real national security reasons.  That's why I transfered from the Navy to the Army Corps of Engineers. The ACOE was and likely still is a terribly managed and ran group. 

Do you remember the discovery of Kennewick Man? The ACOE didn't allow archeologists to sandbag to bank of the Columbia river to do further and excivation.  The history of the daming of the Columbia river was faught the entire way.  A historian hired by the ACOE wrote a book about the struggle.  The ACOE didn't put a ISBN number on it - which makes it almost impossible to find.

Be kind to yourself.

Chris

The title of the book I referred to is:

"Controversy, Conflict and Compromise: A history of the Lower Snake River Development"

For some reason (which doesn't suprise me) I'm unable to post a link to it. I have a copy of it in PDF format on my computer.  If someone is unable to find it online and wants to read it arrangements can be made to receive it by email.

An interesting section of the book includes Harlen Bretz' geological information about the Bonneville Floods also called the Missoula Floods that shaped the scablands and carved the Columbia gorge.

Chris, I have to research this.  I don't know.  I will learn as much as I can about this.  Sounds fascinating.  I know that the daming of the Columbia River caused a lot of environmental damage.  It prevented Salmon from returning to their ancestral grounds to spawn, and this affected a great deal of other species, including and especially Bears.  We don't always think through things completely.  We Are Interdependent.  If we destroy Bio-Diversity, the ecology, we are shitting in our own kitchen, we are destroying ourselves....Of course, Corporate interests don't care about this...only a good quarterly statement.  Sometimes when I hear the news, I think, as a species...we are screwed.  I wish we could send Trump and many other politicians to Mars with trillions of dollars and monitor how they would manage!!!!  

Joey

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service