Feedback and Notes

Due to Ning (our Web hosting company) being bought recently from the ashes of Mode Media we often experience 500 connection errors. Our apologies but these errors are out of our control. Hopefully, this will improve as the new company gains experience. Regards, AU

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

All Discussions Tagged 'politics' (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Real Life: What We Don't Say About Politics, Religion or Sexuality Because...

...what we want to say may frighten those whose approval we seek.   What we don't talk about will be used to rule over us. I first heard th…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

8 Nov 5, 2016
Reply by Chris

Hell Has No Fury Like An Idealist Disappointed

The world we live in disappoints many idealists. I could write a book describing the furies I felt. Instead, I ask "When for most children…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

13 Nov 22, 2015
Reply by Stephen

The Sunday Planet - September 27, 2015

the politics of extinction Pope Francis has been in the States for the last few days, and although much of his message many of us may agre…

Started by Neal

34 Oct 1, 2015
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

With Direct Democracy, Who Needs Representatives?

I think we are at the eve of an era of direct democracy.   A system where public opinion on any issue can be measured right this very mome…

Started by Michel

74 Oct 9, 2014
Reply by Chris

The Planet - November 4, 2013

religion When thinking of biblical evil, the omnipresent root of everything bad is the devil. The thought that people are born evil is a p…

Started by Neal

19 Nov 12, 2013
Reply by doone

The Planet - October 28, 2013

religion Kentucky kind of sucks, for atheists at least. When the state came up with their 2006 homeland security law, it contained the fol…

Started by Neal

16 Nov 4, 2013
Reply by doone

The Planet - October 18, 2013

politics I hope everyone fared well during the government shut down. All bad things must come to an end, and after the latest smoke and mi…

Started by Neal

12 Oct 26, 2013
Reply by doone

The Planet - September 12, 2013

god Nice blog by Jeff Schweitzer talks about one of our favorite lines, "Science Is Not Religion." The rebuttal centers on a recent though…

Started by Neal

36 Oct 24, 2013
Reply by doone

The Planet - September 22, 2013

politics Keeping the insanity "real," the House GOP decided that the honorary position of "science laureate" was just too damn useful for…

Started by Neal

30 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by doone

After Ideology

After Ideology here: http://s-usih.org/2011/04/after-ideology.html Posted on April 23, 2011 by Andrew Hartman (Dear Readers: This guest po…

Started by Ali

7 Mar 3, 2013
Reply by Ali

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service