Feedback and Notes

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

All Discussions Tagged 'of' (66)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Sunday Planet - January 1, 2017 (NSFW)

The Absence of Meaning On social media, an old friend posted a link to an article about the pursuit of happiness vs the pursuit of meaning…

Started by Neal

74 Feb 1
Reply by Chris

Where do morals come from?

As atheists, on what basis do you assert that something is morally right or wrong?

Started by Van Jones

240 Jul 20, 2016
Reply by Chris

The Sunday Planet - February 28, 2016

Hall of Shame The church is a heavy burden that rests uneasily upon man's shoulders. It crushes the weak and tortures the strong, it abus…

Started by Neal

20 Mar 15, 2016
Reply by Chris

The Sunday Planet - September 27, 2015

the politics of extinction Pope Francis has been in the States for the last few days, and although much of his message many of us may agre…

Started by Neal

34 Oct 1, 2015
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Know Nothing The true history of atheism.

I saw this on Slate  the full link is here http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2014/07/atheists_the_origin_of_the_species_by_nick_spen

Started by A place called Doone

1 Jul 10, 2014
Reply by Onyango Makagutu

Hypatia and Catherine of Alexandria

Catherine of Alexandria Is it true that there is no historical evidence of her existence? some say, she was the Christian counterpart of Hy…

Started by Hope

19 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by Chris

The Planet - October 20, 2013

a culture of rarity Ali gave me this thought, and it's been wading through the swamp of my brain since. The thought rests on the premise t…

Started by Neal

132 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by A place called Doone

The effect of diminished belief in free will on Humans

I saw this on the site Mind Hacks and it made me wonder if Religion has a Placebo effect on our behavior. link http://mindhacks.com/2013/09

1 Oct 24, 2013

Pancakes of God

From Starts with a Bang What does the Universe really look like? Posted by Ethan on August 16, 2013 (10) Image credit: E.A. Praton, A.…

1 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by A place called Doone

The Planet - April 4, 2013

The Mad Skills Of Mighty Mortals We are Mighty Mortals, and we are Mad. The "mighty" part is easy. We breathe, drink and eat, ignoring the…

Started by Neal

10 Apr 12, 2013

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service