Feedback and Notes

Due to Ning (our Web hosting company) being bought recently from the ashes of Mode Media we often experience 500 connection errors. Our apologies but these errors are out of our control. Hopefully, this will improve as the new company gains experience. Regards, AU

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

All Discussions Tagged 'atheism' (82)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

No religion is actually dominating the world's minds, BUT it's hard to get them organized!

Mrs. B' information about the rise of non-religion in Wales and England is actually the tip of the iceberg! The following facts are from fi…

Started by Alexis Habiyaremye

13 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by Chris

Atheists pray too--but not to spirits!

Religions have robbed certain items from the public domain, including prayer. Why do fellows forget a prayer can be "an earnest hope or wis…

Started by Alexis Habiyaremye

18 Jul 5, 2016
Reply by Chris

Skepticism vs science vs atheism

This is an atheist website primarily. There is of course, plenty of common ground with science lovers and skeptics, since many people came…

Started by Adriana

30 Jun 12, 2016
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

For theism to exist, there would seem to be a reason needed.

Is theism about anything but dominance and submission, with the more dominant enjoying the products of the efforts, often unto death, of th…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

3 Oct 7, 2015
Reply by Mrs.B

Ginger Atheist Comedian

What's up, fellow heathens? My name is Ryan and I'm a Atheist stand-up comedian. If you love godless humor as much as I do; could I bother…

Started by Ryan Bourassa

0 Oct 10, 2014

Does Secularism Make People More Ethical?

This title is a bit misleading, I think. The article is not about ethics really. Rather it is just a general overview of secularism in diff…

Started by A Former Member

16 Sep 30, 2014
Reply by shane cresser

Why many non-believers refuse to call themselves atheists

David Niose, the President of the American Humanist Association, has a very good article in Psychology Today lamenting the fact that many r…

Started by Adriana

12 Sep 30, 2014
Reply by shane cresser

Tell Xians It Wasn't Atheism That Fueled Hitler, Stalin and Others

It's something that many xians do and teach. For Alois Hitler the suspicion that he might be of Jewish descent was insufferable in the cont…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

1 Aug 30, 2014
Reply by Chris

The Planet - October 28, 2013

religion Kentucky kind of sucks, for atheists at least. When the state came up with their 2006 homeland security law, it contained the fol…

Started by Neal

16 Nov 4, 2013
Reply by doone

Richard Dawkins is clueless about male privilege

Through Twitter and blogs, I've followed an incident that happened at a skepticism conference. Rebeca Watson (her blog is Skepchick) had an…

Started by Adriana

367 May 20, 2013
Reply by Neal

RSS

© 2017   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service